SuperTrapps question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfish

Reaction score
I have supertrapps on my bike, no stage 7 kit. Sounds great too. Previous owner told me that this bike has stage 7 kit, and pipes are synchronized with carburators. Are supertrapps good for any bike with or without stage 7 kit?

supertrapps are one of the best slip-ons as they are so customizable. really doesn't take much tuning to set them in right as far as carbs go. u should NOT be running stage 7 without full headers.

OK so they have to be tuned to some extent with carbs. So he wasn't completely full of shit. Honestly I don't care nor need stage 7, bike is fast either way. I use it for cruising mostly.
THANX

Aloha,
I'm about to order the supertrapps & would like to know if anyone has pictures of them on your bike & what kind of tuning to my bike will I have to do? Can anyone help me out?? Thanks donaldo 5374

I have a couple of pics I took at night posted here...
You "should" only have to tune the mixture screws...should being the keyword ;)

I'm running supertrapps with 12 discs and wide open comp ends. Minor carb turning of air/fuel screws and a good sync. Was told to change mains from stock 152 to 147, but havent yet. Bike runs GOOD!

I'm running supertrapps with 12 discs and wide open comp ends. Minor carb turning of air/fuel screws and a good sync. Was told to change mains from stock 152 to 147, but havent yet. Bike runs GOOD!

THIS is right! If anything you may want to lean out the mains but run it as is for now and see what you think.

ST's have the best (meanest) slip-on sound IMO.

Chris

Aloha,
I'm about to order the supertrapps & would like to know if anyone has pictures of them on your bike & what kind of tuning to my bike will I have to do? Can anyone help me out?? Thanks donaldo 5374

+1 on the tuning part. Here is a pic of my max with ceramic coated trapps. No more turning gold and they run much cooler now as well.

Last edited:
1985 old school....

Attachments

• bike for organ.jpg
    bike for organ.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 45
  • vmax and ninja 006.jpg
    vmax and ninja 006.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 39
  • vmax and ninja 002.jpg
    vmax and ninja 002.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 34
Here is my black set , prior to the c.f. kerker. As far as tuning, it was just an a/f screw adjustment and pupping in the 147.5 mains.

Attachments

• Max.jpg
    Max.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 47
Here is what the chrome Supertrapps look like after they have been run a while....they turn kind of a golden color.

P6010934.jpg

Mine are currently off getting ceramic coated black by Morley.... :punk:

Here's mine with old chrome 'trapps prior to swapping for Jardines and Kyle's butchering :rofl_200:

They do go bluey with heat and age near the front, although I've heard that it can be cleaned off.

Attachments

• P1070110.JPG
    P1070110.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 46
  • P1070119.JPG
    P1070119.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 41
Ok corrected, I run 8 discs with open competition endcaps. Heres a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_4840.jpg
    IMG_4840.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 51
Not to jack the thread here but general supertrapp question... supertrapp says you add disks to make more top end/horsepower and remove them to get more low end torque... mufflers come with 16 (8 per side) disks.... so... how many are roughly the equal to stock exhaust? are there enough in the kit to make them perform better than the stock stuff? And if so would it work with a stage 1 jetkit?

Back