Swapping sissy bar for seat stay/grab

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saml01

Reaction score
I want to swap the sissy bar on my vmax for a regular seat stay. However all the ones I see on ebay are missing the reflector portion, do they transplant between the two?

:punk: Yep, then you can get some cash for selling the old back rest. Good Luck, Spurs

Whats the back rest worth?

People are asking funny money for the seat stay, 100 bucks.

They ask way funny money for the sissy bar. $300 to $500. That's why I don't have a factory sissy bar.:sad2: So far I can't justify that much money.

burned and falling apart? $200, mint chrome? probably $600 and everywhere in between. you could easily trade it and ask for some cash.

In good shape the Sissy bar setup go for more than $400, I saw a bidding war on Ebay for one that was over $600!!!!
Edit: Talking about the grab rail here-->Check ebay as they are on there for normally less than $80 through Pinwall Cycles although they do not have any right now.

Last edited:
Run a 'completed listings' search on ebay and you can see what several have sold for.

Damnit. :bang head:

I missed one this morning for 35, it was an auction too. Instead I bought one for 110 shipped FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :bang head:

All because I didnt search "vmax rear" and was searching for "vmax grab". :bang head: Only consolation is the one I bought is mint.

Thats about normal cash for a grab rail . I am supposed to look at some more Vmax parts next week. the guy said he had a good one if so I will let it go for $ 75

DAMNIT
29.gif

burned and falling apart? $200, mint chrome? probably $600 and everywhere in between. you could easily trade it and ask for some cash.

Mine is probably somewhere in between. Its got pealing clear but no gouges or anything. Ill post pics and questions regarding its restoration before I sell, or maybe even sell as is if the price is right to not risk fucking it up.

Got the sissy bar local on craigslist for $200, very good condition, had it powder coated black for $35. Looking for the back rack for a steal of deal, hard to find as well.

Someone mention you can remove the 4 screws that secure the padded back rest arms and install another lower handrail to the sissy bar arm when you do not need it, have not seen this item anywhere yet...

Got the sissy bar local on craigslist for $200, very good condition, had it powder coated black for $35. Looking for the back rack for a steal of deal, hard to find as well.

Someone mention you can remove the 4 screws that secure the padded back rest arms and install another lower handrail to the sissy bar arm when you do not need it, have not seen this item anywhere yet...

something neat you could always try:

http://vmaxchat.yuku.com/topic/8985

Latest posts

Back