Swatt clip ons

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Pickles

Reaction score
I bought a set of Swatt 43mm clip ons with a 1.5 inch rise for the Vmax (to mount under the triple clamp as I don't want to lower my bike).

Anyone else do this yet or am I blazing a trail here?

My only concern is clearing the squared top clamp with the bar. No rise clip ons would have been easier but I like being my own pain in the ass.

i've seen them in person before (not that brand) and they do look ok. Really leans you over.

Sean

I'm sure. I put CBR1100 clip ons on one of my Bandit 1200s and it was a big difference in comfort. By big difference I mean it sucked. heh.

KEEP US UPDATED , I'VE THOUGHT OF PUTTING THEM ON FOR THE LAST YEAR , SO I WOULD BE LEANED OVER FURTHER ! I'M DEFINITELY INTERESTED !:punk:

This company is appearing to be less than stellar.

I ordered them week before last. No email...no biggie, I'll call them to make sure they got my online order.

Last Tues: guy answers phone...apparently, doesn't know a whole lot. Rifles through a bunch of papers...yeah, I think I got it.
Me: The site says they are in stock.
Him: I think so, yeah
Me: When are they going to be shipped?
Him: Oh, probably the next few days.
Me: Well you're two days away from me according to UPS...any chance I might have them by the weekend?
Him: Uh, yeah

Friday hits, no tracking, no email returns, nothing. I call....no answer.

It's in stock according to the site and according to the guy. Put it in a box, slap a label on it.....done.

ok, they came in..I already had the bike torn down.....but uh, this might not work. The squared off portion of the triple tree hits the clip on.

Some things are just worth waiting for aren`t they ??:bang head::bang head::bang head:
<<Dave>>:th_favorites24:

ok, they came in..I already had the bike torn down.....but uh, this might not work. The squared off portion of the triple tree hits the clip on.

Any way to mod it to make it work?:ummm:

after two hours of horsing around I quit and put it back to the drag bars. I wasn't happy about the look with them on top of the triple tree and was even less happy about dropping the front of the bike 1.5 inches to get that to work.

live N learn.

I thought about it but it's not the vender's fault. I stuck them on ebay.

Let my fleecing begin!

Back