sync tool?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max03

Reaction score
Which one is most recommended the motion pro? or the carb tune? i just need to order something that is gonna work and not be a major pain in the rudy.

based on what opinions i could gather from the forum, the majority of the maxxers seem to lean toward the carbtune, so that is what i bought. hopefully a motion pro-er doesn't take offense. i will have my maiden voyage with it later this week. fyi, if you go with carbtune, it may take 2-6 weeks to get stateside from england b/c of the new import policies resulting from the printer-bomb scare a few months back. morgan can't guarantee an exact eta. luckily, mine only took a couple weeks.

Does anyone in the states "retailer" offer carbtune? thats my only gripe with the carbtune is having the get it across sea's the b/s you gotta go through.

Does anyone in the states "retailer" offer carbtune? thats my only gripe with the carbtune is having the get it across sea's the b/s you gotta go through.

you can try the ebay shops, but they are tens of dollars more when all is said in done. other then that, i wasn't able to find any other stateside distributors. also i think i paid with paypal and was caught off-guard by paypal's dollar-to-pound exchange fee i found on my monthly statement. i forgot but i think it was somewhere between 2-5 dollars.

No US retailers for carbtune that I am aware of.
There is no BS involved in getting one. Order it and it comes. Mine took 10 days. Nice tool.

I love my carbtune tool. I used a motion pro that a friend of mine had, but bought the carbtune. I've used it a few times now and it works great.

Get a Carb Tune or gauges like CaptainKyle has. I've tried them all.. Kyle hasn't given me the name of the supplier yet...

Hey Max03,
not aware of any retailers here in the states that offer the carbtune. I ordered the Carbtune Pro 4-column and Toolpouch one a yr ago; had no problems or B/S getting it here. With shipping to the USA (took 2 wks to receive it) cost me 65 GBP total; ( that's around $80.00 USD if I recall ).

The Morgan folks in the U.K. were great to work with via e-mail & their website. I've used the carbtune at least a half dozen times now, and love it. Well worth it and a true necessity for keeping the V-Max tuned properly. What a stealership is going to charge you to sync the carbs ( I've heard $50 - $100 each time ) :damn angry: will allow you to buy a good sync tool like the carbtune and do it yourself. Very easy to do ... takes about 15 min. once you get the hang of it.

Thank You guys for your advice. ordered my carbtune today hoping to see it within a couple of weeks, thanks again :) p.s. also gonna need a set of 150 main jets any place you guys recommend??

Thank You guys for your advice. ordered my carbtune today hoping to see it within a couple of weeks, thanks again :) p.s. also gonna need a set of 150 main jets any place you guys recommend??
I usually keep them in stock for 9 bucks a set but am out of 150's right now. I have more on order but dont know how quick you need them.

Based on advice found here, I also ordered the Carbtune. I placed my order on the 15th of last month and it arrived last Friday. I tried it out on Monday, works great.

Just got mine in the mail today!!!!! That was pretty quick:punk:, will let you know how how everything goes when i get a chance to use it, thanks again guys!!!!

Here's a "cheat sheet" carb sync procedure I put together for use with my Morgan CarbTune unit. Original info and pics were from Maleko89's sticky "how to sync carbs" that I just condensed a little. I keep this printout right in the Carbtune pouch and use it every time I sync carbs.

Attachments

• Carb sync procedure.pdf
    404 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
four vacuum guages from princess auto,14 bux each ,four mig tips and 8 feet of 1/4 inch tubing , you may need to calibrate the guages before u start!!!!

Latest posts

Back