VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey nwebe here, My Brother "Grimmie" has a 2000 VMAX and I rode it a few times so you can guess what happened. Now I have my own. I just did a tail light ,turn signal and plate relocation mod for less than $60 for all three. Let me know what you think.

What have you used here :ummm:

We sell similar signals to those and they work fine. Over time vibrations can break the inner stay that holes and grounds the socket but usually that's not a problem for street bikes (we had them break regularly on a few bikes we ran around with struts on in place of shocks).

If you get the LED signals (not pictured) then there isn't enough resistance to make them flash properly which will require a diode kit and or digital relay (we sell those too).

Sean

I took the fender off and removed the inner metal bracket. I cut the bracket right before to two phillips screws. Then I just broke a piece of aluminum to a 90 degree angle. I beleive the angle was 2"x1". I drilled the holes to line up with the fender and used the stock screws to mount it. you will need to round the edges to fit up in the fender. I also had to extend the wires on the new brake light. Pretty simple to mod. The only problem with the signals so far is during the day they kind of blend in with the head light.

Went riding today and it was sunny blue bird skies. We found that you can not see my new brake light at all. Its just not bright enough. Do not buy the tail light I listed. Looks good at night but not during the day. Well so much for pinching those pennies.:bang head::bang head: I will be installing the CBR tail light very soon!

Max em, I have a similar led light. They are chinese and I didn't think the leds were bright enough. I've considered keeping the light and soldering in brighter leds, but that ain't gonna happen in a hurry!

If I do it, it will be when I have a 2nd guard, because I think the best mod will be to weld a flat vertical piece of plastic to the guard and bin the metal piece.

For the time being I'm scared away from leds.

Max em, I have a similar led light. They are chinese and I didn't think the leds were bright enough. I've considered keeping the light and soldering in brighter leds, but that ain't gonna happen in a hurry!

If I do it, it will be when I have a 2nd guard, because I think the best mod will be to weld a flat vertical piece of plastic to the guard and bin the metal piece.

For the time being I'm scared away from leds.

We just put the CBR light (motodynamics) on my brother's (Grimmie) bike. This light is very visible during the day. We will post step by step instructions with pics. YOU WILL LIKE THIS LIGHT. VERY VERY BRIGHT!!! :punk:

Latest posts

Back