Take a look at this........

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope these weren't actually done with the stock modified exhaust still being used.
Big Bore (1500cc a previous owner put in but no way for me to verify)
Stage 7 Dynojet full race kit.
That would be an extreme waste of money.

And I really don't think it Dyno'd at 160 RWHP with the Stock Exhaust, I don't think that's even possible.

I'd say it's just a Stock '85 with the Drilled Modified exhaust (as shown in his pictures and video).

IF its got a 1500 then its a great price

If it could be confirmed at that displacement, I would sell Woona, and with the money saved, get this one, and have a custom set of headers made up with appropiate crossovers to give me my scavenging back up top using the Cobra cans currently in use on mine.

(then comes the empty wallet and I start financing Shell and Mobil for the next ten years
pinkiecrazy.png
)

Even if its 100% stock....thats not a bad price. Ask him to take the tank cover off. Stage 7 should have pods....or atleast the Y removed, and grinding done on the airbox for more air.

No way with stock cans sounds like B.S. to me for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Could be he took off the exhaust and sold it. I keep all the stock parts on my bikes and return them to stock before I sell them. That way I get my money back out of it.

Could be what he did?

Todd

PCW has a 1500cc motor with a stage 7 carb set up for sale now that claims 165 HP and over 100fp of torq so its possible and if it is its a smoking deal.

Yeah their tour masters claim 160-165 with stage 7 and PCW exhaust.
It's possible. I'd want proof.

PCW engine build should have some stamping of sort on the rear of the block on the upper case, not sure what their format is.
If you could get the stamping numbers and call PCW I'm sure they could look it up.

PCW stamps under the #2 intake manifold and the #3 exhaust....easy enough to obtain a photo.......

Reminds me of the dude last year who had some big motor with no documentation but said he would prove it by measuring the bore....well, that's easy enough, right? Just remove the carbs, intakes, cams, heads........yup, piece o cake! :rofl_200:

Edit: The PCW code is stamped under the #3 INTAKE, not exhaust as I posted earlier.

Last edited:
I don't think it would lose that much power with the stock exhaust. You only gain about 2-4 hp with aftermarket exhaust.

I think the video one sounded deeper, but after listening to it again, I am not so sure.

Todd

I've seen that listing before. I asked him if he has the dyno sheet. No reply thus far. I'm thinking not!

He has no dyno sheet. Absolutely no way to prove it's a 1500. Just "make me an offer"
I'll pass.

Dale

Without proof, none of what the seller says means anything. Hand him $2500.00 cash and ask for a test ride. Take the thing somewhere out in the open and wring it out. If you like it, tell him that's your final offer and ask for the title.

Back