Temp Gauge Pic

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjaneer

Reaction score
Sometimes I'm reading posts and someone will refer a mark on their temp gauge saying things like "by the time the needle points at the first mark" or "somewhere between the second and first". my 2004's doesn't have these marks. Could someone post a pic of a temp gauge that has those marks so that i can get an idea of how to superimpose the marks onto mine?

Much thanks.

I always wondered that too. Like "the dot," are they referring to the screw that is in there?

I always wondered that too. Like "the dot," are they referring to the screw that is in there?

ya, what's up with "the dot"? is it that black spec in alorio's second pic that's kinda above the halfway point, or is that dirt on the glass/plastic?

The dot is the one everyone always seem to refer to.......it could be Normal operating temp.

ya, what's up with "the dot"? is it that black spec in alorio's second pic that's kinda above the halfway point, or is that dirt on the glass/plastic?

Oh, I forgot to metion, this thing is on Ebay for just $49.95

Last edited:
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:That Spec is at normal operating temperature. The screw is too... BTW, that 1st gauge pack is FU at any price.....

At 1st, I thought you guys were writing about me again... Spec.... I need more Coffee...

I got tired of the "between 1/3 and halfway" talk, and just installed a real gauge. It wasn't that hard, and now I know that typical highway running temp is about 175*. Traffic will bring it up to 190-200, more than 200 needs extended idling. Fan kicks on at 222(actually right what the manual says it should).

This gauge was like $70 shipped off ebay. It has flashy lights and does the "sweep" when you turn the key on. You can also set it to beep/flash the needle at a certain temp. It also displays the peak temp of that trip when you turn the key off.

IMG_0766.jpg

Back