Texas Car Wars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this?
I got through about 15 minutes the other day, the damn narrator they have on there is the most incredibly annoying guy with the worst fake ass accent I've ever heard, I've lived all over Texas and trust me that's no Texas accent.
What an insult.
The Texas storage wars is almost as bad what with all the "Characters" on there being orchestrated in dialogue and choice of clothing. People in Texas don't dress like that, fer Christ sakes why don't they just put 'em on horses too??

Ive seen a couple of them myself, and thought it was a pretty lame show also. too scripted and their math when they tally up the total cost is often light somewhere so a profit can be made. Usually labor cost, as that would be the easiest to fudge.

Ive been watching Fast and Loud on Discovery, but even that show is starting to turn me off. he lets his lead mechanic cost him way too much money at times.

Yeah, the math thing is always funny. Desert car kings does it too. Apparently their guys are making zip with zero benefits.
I'm in the service industry and can tell you there is a reason shop rates are high. You take a mans wages, add benefits, safety, training, tools, vehicles, gas etc insurance, management overhead (non-billable employes) office and warehouse costs etc. and there's a reason labor rates are sky high.
My company charges $ 190.00/hr for me, I make no where near that of course.

I'm not really a fan of any of those shows, and yes, the "Texas Car Wars" seems to be the worst of the lot. I've never even been to Texas and thought the narrator's accent sounded phony and way over the top. Plus, most of the people from each "garage" are laughable with their badass attitudes and smack talk during the bidding. It's about as far from "reality" as it gets. The big lardass guy is the biggest bullshitter of them all....the one episode I saw he bought some POS old Lexus, cobjobbed it into running and sprayed it taxi yellow. The guy that came to buy it drove, and then schooled the fatass about all the shit that was still wrong with it and walked away.

The shops in shows like that exist purely for TV....they really don't make much if any money on these cars, but I'm sure Discovery pays handsomely.

I used to really like Discovery, but their recent shows just keep getting more and more dumbed down....car shows for people that know nothing whatsoever about cars. Did you see that show with the two guys going off-roading in the Jeep? Barf. I can't believe the ex-military survival guy didn't punch the Asian guy right the fuck out after about 30 seconds.

TLC used to have a lot of good shows before it got a mega dose of estrogen and went from Monster Garage and Junkyard Wars to moronic shows like Honey boo boo and beauty pageants for toddlers.

I realize I really don't watch much TV anymore. Nothing worth the time.

Duck Dynasty is one of the few shows I'll actually remember to watch.

The guy doing the voice over is pushing his accent,,,,it's the same guy that does swamp people,,,,and yes I do like that show

American restoration does it for me. The guy charges an arm, leg & half a spleen to restore most anything, but all the neat old stuff going through his shop is fun to see.

I also like "Counting Cars".

It seems like all T.V. is any more is Reality shows or some other crap . I no longer watch any of these shows because of all the BS. Had a friend quit a "great job" with 20 yrs. at his company just too go try an attempt too be like that show American Pickers. Well he found out the hardway after 3 yrs. abd Lord only knows how much cash he has spent that he cannot make a living at it unless you have lots of money in reserve , his retirement money GONE, 401 GONE , all thats left is his house and that has been paid for yrs. ago. We tried too tell him but some people just never listen!.

American Pickers is another show that "seems" like it can't possibly be a real business. It's really profitable to drive a big van that probably gets 15mpg all over the country to buy a handful of items you hope to make a few hundred bucks on? At best the profits from reselling the items would cover their on-the-road expenses like fuel, lodging, and food, never mind actually make any profit.

I think they either "pick" on a much larger scale than the show lets on, have another avenue of obtaining items, or it's a business that doesn't make money per se, but is a hit TV show and that pays plenty for them to keep doing it.

American picker's has another huge antique store in Nashville and people are coming and going out of that place all the time

AMERICAN PICKERS JUST GOT BETTER. DANIELLE IS ALSO DANNE DIESEL A DANCER.
http://burlesquelemoustache.blogspot.com///p/videos.html

A smarmy nymph heads up this mischievous troupe, much like the fairies of Ireland she only has room in her heart for one emotion at a time
Daniie Diesel is the founder, owner and producer of Burlesque le'Moustache as well as the woman responsible for bringing the art of burlesque to our fair Quad Cities.
Dannie Diesel also known as "American Pickers" Danielle Colby on History, has had a love affair with history her entire life. Burlesque being the bulk of her knowledge, she is preserving the memories of peelers of the past. Dannie turned her knowledge into a skill set that has entertained thousands with her love of the Burly Q.

link:
Dannie Diesel (Facebook)

Latest posts

Back