The bike I wish I wanted

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heretic

Reaction score
I really, really want to like this bike. I got started riding on air cooled in-line four Hondas (1973 CB750K and 1983 CB1000C). This is the bike I wanted when I bought my V-Max in 2005 (yeah, the 919 was out, but it didn't do anything for me). I wish I wanted this enough to sell my CBR to buy it, but I know I wouldn't be satisified with the overall performance. For now, I'll just put it on my list of bikes I'll own...someday.

http://powersports.honda.com/2013/cb1100.aspx

I think it's pretty sweet looking. I'd probably ditch the chrome fenders, maybe do something with the rear end, seat and handle bars to make more cafe racer-ish. Wouldn't want it as my ONLY bike, but it would be cool to have as part of a collection.

I was looking at the 919's before I settled on a max as well, and I would have given this a long look too. Much like you though I think it would have fallen way short on the HP.

That said my commute is looking to get quite a bit longer, and I'm suddenly in the market for a salvage/cheap/beater bike. Something with a huge tank and massive mpgs. I'm looking super dukes and motards just cuz, I'll probably end up on a v-strom, but
Extremely efficient PGM-FI fuel injection, utilising one 36mm throttle body, gives excellent fuel consumption of 25.1km/l (70.9mpg) @ WMTC.
the CB1100 may have it's purpose for me after all.

The only problem is I'll need to find one I won't care about parking where it will get vandalized and/or stolen. Which means I'll need to find one for <$1500. Looks like I might own it 10 years from now lol.

In the meantime. Pretty much this bike with some dents and rust for character are looking good to me.
d9UyKl.jpg

Trunk for a change of clothes and no side bags to give me trouble squeezing in and out of the smallest places in parking areas and traffic. If I find it on it's side one day it really can't hurt the looks of it.

Yup, I just bought a '94 CB1000 for pretty dang cheap off of ebay...$2000.

The CB1000 owners group folks DO dig that CB1100 (for its looks, really) but are also a bit sad that it doesn't come close to the performance of the "Big One".

Why can't Honda make the CB1000 "kick ass", while still retaining the look of that cool, classic, spare look?

Elimax

how about a honda X4? i think they're pretty rare in the US:

Honda%20X%204%20%201.jpg

Yup, I just bought a '94 CB1000 for pretty dang cheap off of ebay...$2000.

The CB1000 owners group folks DO dig that CB1100 (for its looks, really) but are also a bit sad that it doesn't come close to the performance of the "Big One".

Why can't Honda make the CB1000 "kick ass", while still retaining the look of that cool, classic, spare look?

Elimax

amen! they allways de-tune the engines in the retro bikes.

a buddy just bought a cb750, think 72, added cafe bars and seat pan. got the carbs all cleaned up and he found exact paint match for side covers and tank,cheaper then redoing the original ones. cool looking bike.....sounds tough also hahah,needless to say the old tires were all weather cracked so i help him reduce the weight of the bike by a nice firery burnout bahahahahah

I was looking at the 919's before I settled on a max as well, and I would have given this a long look too. Much like you though I think it would have fallen way short on the HP.

That said my commute is looking to get quite a bit longer, and I'm suddenly in the market for a salvage/cheap/beater bike. Something with a huge tank and massive mpgs. I'm looking super dukes and motards just cuz, I'll probably end up on a v-strom, but the CB1100 may have it's purpose for me after all.

The only problem is I'll need to find one I won't care about parking where it will get vandalized and/or stolen. Which means I'll need to find one for <$1500. Looks like I might own it 10 years from now lol.

In the meantime. Pretty much this bike with some dents and rust for character are looking good to me.

Trunk for a change of clothes and no side bags to give me trouble squeezing in and out of the smallest places in parking areas and traffic. If I find it on it's side one day it really can't hurt the looks of it.

These are great bikes with a huge aftermarket. They are not for short guys though. I can't touch the ground with even one foot without sliding my butt off the side... :biglaugh:

only a fool would sell that for 1500:biglaugh:

I don't know, sounds like he's pretty desperate, probably needs CHRISTMAS CASH! The next few days are ALWAYS great for buying bikes cheap, people will almost give their big boy toys away to make sure their kids have a good Christmas!!!

I don't know, sounds like he's pretty desperate, probably needs CHRISTMAS CASH! The next few days are ALWAYS great for buying bikes cheap, people will almost give their big boy toys away to make sure their kids have a good Christmas!!!

oh i know.....fools need xmas cash too:rofl_200:. and yes now is a good time to get sum good deals.

Back