The Death of the Sponge Pudding

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Its been 20 months riding a stock 92 so on thursday after work i headed to Jedi-s to let him get his hands on it . 650 kms and a stopover in Taupo i met up with Kiwimax , its finally good to put a face to the name . We talk Vmax bullshit for awhile (as you do ) we leave Tirau and head to Cambridge where Jedi- is waiting we all talk more Vmax BS and Kiwimax heads back tauranga and myself and Steve ride to Auckland where his Husband is waiting ( some of us will remember that poll) .:ummm:
Once on arrival Steve decides Lets get into it and we head to his place of business . Now if you think this guy has too many bikes he has about x5 in part bikes not to mention that rear tyre (but thats another story ) By the way Steve do that project my lips are sealed on the provision i get to ride her when shes done .
Then he explains i really dont know what im doing - YEAH RIGHT .... :rofl_200:
Now the project is to install new Progressive springs along with jedi-s solid mounts , brake adaptors, R1 wave rotors , braided lines and EBC HH pads .
Before you know it the springs are in with the heavier oil and we head off home for the night . the next day dawns and he just cant wait to pull my Max to bits.
Before you know it he has it in bits and tells me loosen this and undo that and there is screws and bolts all over the floor. :surprise:
But eventually everything finds its rightful place and it seems all is good to go and its test ride time . Well didnt really know what to expect but when we went for a ride around the coast it came apparent that it did go round corners without having to change down and it did want to brake and the front end didnt want to wander off .
HOLY SHIT i was starting to really like this and why hadnt i done this before ..
So yesterday i left Auckland for Taupo and yes their are some vibes but not really a problem but this ole Cadillac is now what you call a cruise missile a name in which it lives up to and well worth the effort.
A big thanks goes out to Steve in which he did this and wanted nothing in return . :clapping:
Was an awesome ride home even tho i got wet and froze my arse off today.

Attachments

• DSC01546.JPG
    DSC01546.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC01550.JPG
    DSC01550.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC01559.JPG
    DSC01559.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 82
WOW I love it! You still have a mostly stock bike with OEM shocks and all, but you've just done the 2 best mods you could: SMM and the brakes.

I've done 2/3 of my brakes just the same as you, but am yet to fit the SMM I got from Steve. Now I can't wait, counting the days 'til I get back to my bike! Must've been a great ride btw, and this is just another thumbs up for Jedi - what a great guy!

Another Jedi success story!! Sounds like a fun project.....another example of the far reaching V Max brotherhood!!

And not so much as a fingerprint left on those pipes!!

Great job!! :thumbs up:

gun......in the first pic your max looks like mine did when I did the SMM. It is somewhat unsetteling to see the bike in that many pieces. On the other hand the end result I am sure is well worth the journey.

g.....I just got word from the ebay guy, the original rotors were returned to him from the shpping agent in China, they never made it to the US at all. The new set is on it's way, I have a tracking number and USPS has them in the system. I hope to have them by Monday at the latest..

g.....I just got word from the ebay guy, the original rotors were returned to him from the shpping agent in China, they never made it to the US at all. The new set is on it's way, I have a tracking number and USPS has them in the system. I hope to have them by Monday at the latest..

Hey good to know. I guess I should get holda Jedi and order one more adapter soon, otherwise I won't be able to use my new rotor!

Flying back to FL on May 6th, and I'll be doing my SMM straight away! :clapping:

matt, glad you're happy with all the mods!

keep checking a lot of the nuts n bolts for a bit, i've had a few come loose on me lately that never have before, i'm contributing some of them to the increased vibes.

Hey good to know. I guess I should get holda Jedi and order one more adapter soon, otherwise I won't be able to use my new rotor!

Flying back to FL on May 6th, and I'll be doing my SMM straight away! :clapping:

Nuttin' to it G, once you get to them!! :rofl_200:

Garrett....I haven't had anything loosen....yet! Even after the brisk 100 miles @ 80 run. :confused2:

Attachments

• 100_1773.jpg
    100_1773.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 27
yea, sounds like some have, some haven't. i remember kozy saying he had problems after putting his engine back together.

Another Jedi success story!! Sounds like a fun project.....another example of the far reaching V Max brotherhood!!

He's a good dude alright, one of his rear adaptors even made it's way up here :punk:

I guess I'll be buying a new tube of blue loctite when I put them on mine!

Just in case..
;-)

Thats what I did, put a little drop on each.

Attachments

• rear rotor.jpg
    rear rotor.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 19
Nuttin' to it G, once you get to them!! :rofl_200:

Garrett....I haven't had anything loosen....yet! Even after the brisk 100 miles @ 80 run. :confused2:
Umm, Dan-o, is that a 50 gal drum of loctite in the background? :biglaugh:
I have been going over all bolts and adding loctite blue to everything I touch and even the ones I hadn't touched! I'm going to make up a baggie of spare bolt and a fresh tube of loctite to carry along on my trip to Danny's! Of course I'll also be carrying my duct tape, bailing wire, paperclip and a pack of wrigley's chewing gum!!!!:punk:
Umm, sorry, lost my train of thought there Matt! Looking good! Good selection of mods that will really improve your Vmax's performance. I'll be adding jedi's MM's when I reinstall my motor. Let us know how you like the MM's.

Last edited:
Back