The first ride on my new bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken1007

Reaction score
Well I just couldn't wait any longer! I got the '07 a few weeks ago and it's just been sitting in the garage covered up. It got above 40 degrees here in upstate New York so I went on a short ride. All I can say is woah! The bike is brand new so I did take it easy but what a difference from my old 1985 Honda V65 saber. The stock exhaust sounds great to me but I'm sure I'll soon get use to it and want a little more. I've been reading lots of post on here about mods not sure where I'll start but probably go for the rear shocks.

Attachments

• DSCF1266 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF1266 (Medium).JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF1269 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF1269 (Medium).JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 34
Well I just couldn't wait any longer! I got the '07 a few weeks ago and it's just been sitting in the garage covered up. It got above 40 degrees here in upstate New York so I went on a short ride. All I can say is woah! The bike is brand new so I did take it easy but what a difference from my old 1985 Honda V65 saber. The stock exhaust sounds great to me but I'm sure I'll soon get use to it and want a little more. I've been reading lots of post on here about mods not sure where I'll start but probably go for the rear shocks.

Good on you! :punk: Still have a few more weeks til I take mine out. but I'm probably going to to the same thing, forget about the snow, just as long as there is clean pavement I'm on the road.:banana:. Hope you get many many miles of good, safe riding.

Hey congrats on the purchase and first ride! I still have to turn the heat in the garage on so I can wash my bike after yesterday's ride.

Hey Ken!

Congrats on the new bike! I recently picked up my first VMax also but still have to get it registered and insured. Strangely enough, I also have a '85 Honda Sabre sitting in my garage (although I haven't ridden her in a few years). It's still a cool bike...

I can't wait to hit the open road in my new toy!

Good Luck!

Congrats on the new ride.

Here's a tip. Keep your side scoops clean and polished, Same goes with the valve covers.
And find a soft key fob for your key.

My 06 is now starting to pit up around the edges of the clear coat. And My Max gets washed and cleaned almost Every week.
Course... She gets ridden on a daily basis.

:thumbs up:

Congrats on the new ride.

Here's a tip. Keep your side scoops clean and polished, Same goes with the valve covers.
And find a soft key fob for your key.

My 06 is now starting to pit up around the edges of the clear coat. And My Max gets washed and cleaned almost Every week.
Course... She gets ridden on a daily basis.

:thumbs up:

Salt air is BAD on these things...

Congratulations on your new ride! :thumbs up::banana: I'm north of you, on the other side of the border and your a braver man than I for riding yesterday! :snow::cheers:

Latest posts

Back