The five best and worst mods to a vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are the 5 best and worst mods

• Mirrors

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Exhaust

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters
examples of WORST mods.
2. stupidly long swingarms (actually that doesn't look too bad, there was an example in UK that I will attempt to find)
Yamaha-V-Max-Roland-Sands.gif

You do realize this swingarm is 100% stock on a gen 2 right? And the only reason this "looks" long is because of the modified tail section. Of course to be 100% sure i'd need to see the forwad section to see if that's where it was extended if at all.

Gen 1 mods
1 exhaust. ( kerker 4 into 1. Comp baffle)
2 go stage 7 or Morley's kit
3.buy another rear tire.last one got destroyed.after mod 1 and 2.
4 get a shaved seat.(Morley,sportmax or get an ugly corbin. Sorry not a fan)
5. Solid motor mounts.
6.paint it Blue. (Since we all know .blue is the fastest color)

Worst mod
Selling your max. To buy a hardly davidson.

For the people that mentioned my Vmax 'print'...........it's actually a modded pic of my Vmax in my garage :)
I kid you not! At the far right you can see my small stepladder near the door into my home.
Here's one of the originals, ever so slightly different angle, but you see the stepladder at the far right. When I modded it, it all blends and looks 'artsy!' Unmodded, it just looks like I need to clean up my garage a bit, Lol!

Attachments

• Vmax pic.JPG
    Vmax pic.JPG
    254.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Vmax drawing.PNG
    Vmax drawing.PNG
    579.9 KB · Views: 107
For the people that mentioned my Vmax 'print'...........it's actually a modded pic of my Vmax in my garage :)
I kid you not! At the far right you can see my small stepladder near the door into my home.
Here's one of the originals, ever so slightly different angle, but you see the stepladder at the far right. When I modded it, it all blends and looks 'artsy!' Unmodded, it just looks like I need to clean up my garage a bit, Lol!

I figured it was some-sort of a program to modify a picture, but I'm not-familiar with the software.

When I was in-school, I made a vinyl print in that style. I'm not artistic, so that was it. As I mentioned, my friend has made ones like that as fine art works.

Add my bike to your pics. I just wish you could tell me in person how"stupidly" you feel about my "stupidly" wide 300 or my "stupidly" long 5" over, swingarm. Dont like it dont look.....
Is that your bike in the picture? I think it looks pretty awesome. I have no idea how it handles, but I'm sure interested to know if you want to share. That exhaust system looks crazy cool. Do you have Dyno Jets as well? Or is that more of a slip-on type structure?

Is that your bike in the picture? I think it looks pretty awesome. I have no idea how it handles, but I'm sure interested to know if you want to share. That exhaust system looks crazy cool. Do you have Dyno Jets as well? Or is that more of a slip-on type structure?
VMaxlslandKai welcome to the forum!

I first want to say that Im not to proud of that post, the threats, calling out and stuff is not what we're about on this forum.....LOL.
It was kinda funny rereading that shit though.

So yea if you look at my album the bike was a total basket case for real.
I started building it in a different configuration long before I even had the cycle endorsement on my license.

An 1985, stretched 5 and7/16", 300 wheel and tire, thats 13" wide, alota tire.
It is not a canyon carver but can definatly still do what a Vmax does best. eat up alot of straight line QUICK!

The front end is all Hayabusa, big brakes and all and with the frame braces(I welded them in), solid motor mounts and of course radial tires the bike is really solid.

Your question about the exhaust and DynoJet.... DynoJet refers to carburetion or an ignition module.
Slip-ons do pertain to exhaust, and no not on mine. I run a complete Kerker header and what you see there is an old "glass pack" car muffler.
The P.O. had the Kerker can blow off on the highway here in Denver, kept on riding straight to an automotive performance parts house we had here called the Super Shops, he bought the muffler and stuck it on and the rest is history
LOL. PICS
1b.png011212113341.jpg 080712094240.jpg 072513185300.jpgIMAG0143.jpg20150624_221052.jpg20170118_195728.jpgIMG_20190714_191440510.jpg

Attachments

• 20190218_200413.jpg
    20190218_200413.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 92
Custom seat, Ignatech ignition and cops add reliability and great features. Radials, early gen1's front brakes. All subject to what the owner likes and what he wants to spend.

@gentsvmax I'm usually not a huge fan of wide tires, like the typical 'Busa Boi with his 360 hanging a foot-and-half past the rear end of the bike with the airbrushed hun-ned dollah billz y'all, but I have to admit yours looks good. I like the way it fits and tucks under the fender like that.

I remember the old Super Shops and we had one when I was growing up in Arizona quite a while ago. No idea when they finally closed their doors but I imagine the one in Denver was long gone when I made my way up here 17 years ago.

Since this thread got resurrected and there's been some reaction to this post, I'd just like to go on record reminding folks that this is a "best" and "worst" thread.

So, I'd like to state emphatically that I do NOT consider ape hangers on a Vmax to be among the best things you could do.

Since this thread got resurrected and there's been some reaction to this post, I'd just like to go on record reminding folks that this is a "best" and "worst" thread.

So, I'd like to state emphatically that I do NOT consider ape hangers on a Vmax to be among the best things you could do.

Armpit dryers

Apehangers.jpg

@gentsvmax I'm usually not a huge fan of wide tires, like the typical 'Busa Boi with his 360 hanging a foot-and-half past the rear end of the bike with the airbrushed hun-ned dollah billz y'all, but I have to admit yours looks good. I like the way it fits and tucks under the fender like that.

I remember the old Super Shops and we had one when I was growing up in Arizona quite a while ago. No idea when they finally closed their doors but I imagine the one in Denver was long gone when I made my way up here 17 years ago.
Man I thank you for the compliments. The Friday night car and bike shows will be starting back up at the Sonic parking lot at Tower and Hampden in Aurora, maybe you can swing by and check it out. Every Friday night from April till September.

Well I'm suprised. Braided brake lines and the heavy duty fork brace are on almost every max you see. Brake upgrade is number one, lines calipers, pads and discs all help.

I first want to say that Im not to proud of that post, the threats, calling out and stuff is not what we're about on this forum.....LOL.

I started building it in a different configuration long before I even had the cycle endorsement on my license.

It is not a canyon carver but can definatly still do what a Vmax does best. eat up alot of straight line QUICK!

The front end is all Hayabusa, big brakes and all and with the frame braces(I welded them in), solid motor mounts and of course radial tires the bike is really solid.

Your question about the exhaust and DynoJet.... DynoJet refers to carburetion or an ignition module.
Slip-ons do pertain to exhaust, and no not on mine. I run a complete Kerker header and what you see there is an old "glass pack" car muffler.
The P.O. had the Kerker can blow off on the highway here in Denver, kept on riding straight to an automotive performance parts house we had here called the Super Shops, he bought the muffler and stuck it on and the rest is history
LOL. PICS
View attachment 76075View attachment 76076 View attachment 76077 View attachment 76078View attachment 76079View attachment 76080View attachment 76081View attachment 76082
I am not a big fan of customizing bikes because usually the result falls outside my tastes. Your redesign of the original vmax however is just so well executed. It just hit my eyes and filled them with the kind of happy even COVID can’t take away. Props man, you nailed it.

I am not a big fan of customizing bikes because usually the result falls outside my tastes. Your redesign of the original vmax however is just so well executed. It just hit my eyes and filled them with the kind of happy even COVID can’t take away. Props man, you nailed it.
Hey Rob
Thanks man, I got to take it out today for a little while, pretty windy out though.
I needed to run in the hardware store and when I came out and was walking up to the bike I thought to myself, this things finally finished, just ride and enjoy.
Until the next nudge from the mod monkey LOL.

LOL. PICS
View attachment 76075View attachment 76076 View attachment 76077 View attachment 76078View attachment 76079View attachment 76080View attachment 76081View attachment 76082
Sorry to open a old thread!!. Where did you get the rear seat "delete". Cheers from New Zealand

Point of information to avoid possible confusion:

Dynojet refers to carburetor modification kits

DYNA is a company which manufactures ignition components for many bikes. There are a couple of ignition modules they made/make for Gen. 1's. The old one uses dip switches for setting the advance curve and rev limiter, the newer one does not use dip switches. Ignitech is another CDI ignition box supplier, Sean Morley has those. They have additional functions, you can use 'em to control VBoost, a quick-shifter, a NOS delivery system, and more.

the typical 'Busa Boi with his 360 hanging a foot-and-half past the rear end of the bike with the airbrushed hun-ned dollah billz y'all,
I thought you might be interested in this bike juxtaposition taken at my friend's shop. The VMax was mine, I sold it to someone who imported it to So. America. A 10K miles '93. Thy Hyabusa was commissioned by a rather-famous sports figure, nicknamed, "The Diesel." It's now in Indiana.

Hyabusa-VMax - Copy.jpg

I thought you might be interested in this bike juxtaposition taken at my friend's shop. The VMax was mine, I sold it to someone who imported it to So. America. A 10K miles '93. Thy Hyabusa was commissioned by a rather-famous sports figure, nicknamed, "The Diesel." It's now in Indiana.

View attachment 84785
Last time I seen that Hayabusa was in Muncie Indiana about 2 years ago.

Back