the good guy wins one

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's one a bit too-close for me, since I ride my bike in this area and this is my area of jurisdiction, it could have been my crew responding...
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/hollywood/fl-hollywood-hit-and-run-20110515,0,3368804.story

As it was, the Level I Trauma Center they took him to is where I take my paramedic students. We could have been there when fire-rescue brought in the motorcyclist as a Trauma Alert.

The guys recklessly hit a motorcyclist and fled, only to be chased down by another motorcyclist in his own car, and I hope the guy driving goes to jail for at least a couple of years. I am going to try and keep track of what happens to this miserable SOB who was also charged with being under the influence. I can see his defense now: "I didn't know I hit anything! It was The Demon Rhum!" Tell that to Bubba in state prison, I'm sure he'll be sympathetic, as long as you do everything Bubba says! "You're somebody's bitch now, boy!"

The guy who did the apprehension had to fight-off the passenger, the passenger should be charged too. Screw 'em both, what chance did either one give the poor motorcyclist the driver hit and left to possibly die in the middle of I-95? They both should go to jail!:damn angry:

Too bad the apprehending driver didn't have a gun. He'd save the tax payers a lot of money and there would be one less drunk driver for the future.

Unfortunately, in these days of plea bargaining, I could see the passenger getting off scott-free, and the driver getting 'time-served.' What if it was a member of the judiciary who got hurt? Think the eventual outcome would be different?

I hope the victim goes after the perpetrator in civil court too. Even if he doesn't have anything for assets, get a judgement against him and then be sure to renew it as-required so that when he comes out of the system, he's be paying for a very long time by having screwed-up credit and if he does something similar in the future, "back in the box!"

I think most of us wouldn't hesitate to pursue somebody in that situation. Props to John Roxey for doing what we all dream of doing when we hear about these situations. Hope the biker makes out ok. Driver better be hoping too, unless he wants to attach a manslaughter plea to his tab.

Douchebag will probably bring assault and battery charges against the guy who drug him out of the car.

The state's attorney has to agree to prefer charges, and I bet my helmet they would not agree to that!

Latest posts

Back