The IGNITECH TCI thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Gary

Thats exactly what i suggested. By the way what is the difference between the file for v80 and v88? You posted same files but for the 2 different versions. Any significant difference?

I have the v80. I'm using the program Gary sent with it. No changes. I'm happy with the way it runs and gave the bike a real good workout at Thunder. I think she's a bit better up top with gary's unit over the stock.

Stock engine, HMF header, morley jet kit, COPs.

Dale #2592

Thanks Gary

Thats exactly what i suggested. By the way what is the difference between the file for v80 and v88? You posted same files but for the 2 different versions. Any significant difference?

Should be the same advance curve.

The MAP setting #'s will be different between the 2 files. V80 units I did had a resistor in harness to decrease lower end of MAP voltage below 2.5v. This was a carry over from the V75 units where low end had to be below 2.5 & upper had to be above 2.5. This was fixed on V80 but I didn't realize it before I had put resistors in harness. They don't hurt or help, just lowers output voltage.

Gary

I thought I had already posted my file, but my brain got the threads mixed up.
My Ign file is here --> http://vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=256939&postcount=18
It's V88 with B-boost opening at 4000 rpm.

I'm doing a carby rebuild now, and it is winter here. After that I'll probably do some experimenting.

My bike = '85 with stock motor, Marks 4-2, Morleys jet kit and COP's

Gentlemen, somebody can explain the meaning of the tab dwell? what was going? when to put which tabs and numbers. I still do not understand very well with setting a time for the accumulation of energy coils. who can explain?
clutch master time - this is the response time
clutch master pause-time that the ignition is turned off?
so?

Gentlemen, somebody can explain the meaning of the tab dwell? what was going? when to put which tabs and numbers. I still do not understand very well with setting a time for the accumulation of energy coils. who can explain?
clutch master time - this is the response time
clutch master pause-time that the ignition is turned off?
so?

Clutch master time - sets ignition switch off period during gear shift

Clutch master pause - sets time of insensibility after gear shift

This is from Ignitech manual.

Gary

Gary, tell me there is some way to record the movement of operating parameters? so that you can then compare the changes? very nice to have the engine stand, but the pressure altitude are different everywhere, fuel quality, driving style as it is ... you can write and then see the logs? mapsensora testimony, speed, angle of ignition? then we can judge the effectiveness of the changes and the impact of the acceleration ... it would be good to add a speed sensor and the temperature of the engine ... is a writer of the logs?

Gary, tell me there is some way to record the movement of operating parameters? so that you can then compare the changes? very nice to have the engine stand, but the pressure altitude are different everywhere, fuel quality, driving style as it is ... you can write and then see the logs? mapsensora testimony, speed, angle of ignition? then we can judge the effectiveness of the changes and the impact of the acceleration ... it would be good to add a speed sensor and the temperature of the engine ... is a writer of the logs?

There is the ability to record a log file. But I haven't tried this. It might even be a dump to a print file. You can also print a picture of each screen using icon on software menu.

You can save of as many program files as you want. Like any file, they are saved with windows like dialog box.

You can load any previous one, then reset parameters, then save it as a different file name.

Gary

Ok...simple question.....does this work with vboost ?

I've read pages and pages of software this and parameters that...but...in simple laymans terms....can I replace my bulky stock boxes with this one unit ?

Ok...simple question.....does this work with vboost ?

I've read pages and pages of software this and parameters that...but...in simple laymans terms....can I replace my bulky stock boxes with this one unit ?

It does, at least 2 of us are using Vboost with Ignitech TCI as controller.

It requires the addition of 5 wires to the adapter harness . This time I am offering the Vboost connector included & wired to TCI for $20 extra. I have the proper connector to attach to the VBoost motor. Ignitech TCI replaces both the stock TCI & VBoost controller when this is done.

Gary

Latest posts

Back