The IGNITECH TCI thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
здравствуйте,Гари .
у вас есть графики сравнить угол зажигания оем блока и ваш ? как ставить обороты двигателя без искры? если ставить 0 ,при запуске сильный резкий звук,обгонка хрустит . и сильная нагрузка на стартер . или я ошибаюсь ? можно сделать угол зажигания при запуске меньше ? меня испугал звук при запуске..

:)
Hello, Gary.
* you have to compare the firing angle of the graphics unit and your OEM? how to set the engine speed without a spark? if you put 0, you start strong sharp sound, rounding machine crunches. and a heavy load on the starter. or am I wrong? you can do when you start the ignition angle less? I scared the startup sound ..

Also, I need to see about getting the program (if you have it ready) for the turbo application. Getting closer to completion on this current turbo setup.

Sean

здравствуйте,Гари .
у вас есть графики сравнить угол зажигания оем блока и ваш ? как ставить обороты двигателя без искры? если ставить 0 ,при запуске сильный резкий звук,обгонка хрустит . и сильная нагрузка на стартер . или я ошибаюсь ? можно сделать угол зажигания при запуске меньше ? меня испугал звук при запуске..

Hello, Gary.
* you have to compare the firing angle of the graphics unit and your OEM? how to set the engine speed without a spark? if you put 0, you start strong sharp sound, rounding machine crunches. and a heavy load on the starter. or am I wrong? you can do when you start the ignition angle less? I scared the startup sound ..

I have been setting Base Advance at 10 on Advance Map tab, lower left corner of screen.

This seems to allow motor to start easier. It should have been set at 10 in software I sent you that was loaded into TCI.

Gary

Also, I need to see about getting the program (if you have it ready) for the turbo application. Getting closer to completion on this current turbo setup.

Sean

I am not working on a Turbo MAP.

Don is I beleive. I haven't heard anything from him lately though.

Gary

I wondered if you had heard from Don since I thought you may have been working together with him on it.

I'm started. Base timing is 10 deg, but full throttle 9500 rpm total was in the 30's with the installed pprogram. I'm following the stock curve in the manual for now. full advance at 43 degrees. I'll be verifying the whole curve with my timing light beforre running on the street. Install is a snap. I'll post up what I find. Before Ignatech install, with Marks 4-2 and small carb/airbox tweeks I made 24.6hp at Thunder. I wish I could use that same dyno. again.
Steve-o

I wondered if you had heard from Don since I thought you may have been working together with him on it.

Last I talked to him was when he got the FI unit I got for him. He also got 2 other TCI's. One was for Damon, I think.

I know less than jack shit about a turbo setup.

:ummm:

Gary

I bought ignitech to my -97, hook it up but the bike wont start. It was .88 version, got "new vmax" and "old venture" programs with it, but neither works.. Any ideas? I'm not in my comfort zone with these kind of things, this was promised to be "hook it up and ride" kind a thing, but apparently it isn't.

A few simple changes Mr Max will get you running. I noticed that the mouse scroll screws up the settings if you aren't careful. The price was awesome, so I can't complain. Gary will talk you through the changes happily. Call me if you can't get him on the phone, k? I just did my own and it's still fresh in the noggin.
Steve

Before stressing out why don't you talk to Gary? There was no problem so far with any unit so it might be either an installation problem or a programming issue. Either way if its a faulty unit they have a 2 year warranty... Talk to Gary... And then let us know here what the problem is/was so this doesn't happen again... regards

I bought this from a guy in Finland, he said that these has worked plug 'n' play in -91 and -04, but in these -97 models is something that has to be changed from the program to get engine running. I tried, but no success, so I put my old box in. I should get some info next week.

That is wrong as the 91 and 04 uses the same TCI (talking about full power versions of course). Do you have a full power version or a euro restricted to 100hp one?

I bought this from a guy in Finland, he said that these has worked plug 'n' play in -91 and -04, but in these -97 models is something that has to be changed from the program to get engine running. I tried, but no success, so I put my old box in. I should get some info next week.

Sent you an email with program that I have for 90-07 VMax

Gary

Yeah, thanks Gary! Will test that out as soon as possible.. I don't have a laptop so gettin bike connected to my PC is a little time consuming... I have full power vmax, with v-boost.

Bike is running now, thanks Gary! Nice to be back on the road.. And this Ignitech box is truly awesome, I recommend this to everybody! So much features and possibilities, for that money, best deal ever!
I put picture of my old Dyna 3000, it was causing my problems..

Attachments

• IMG_1203.jpg
    IMG_1203.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I have been setting Base Advance at 10 on Advance Map tab, lower left corner of screen.

This seems to allow motor to start easier. It should have been set at 10 in software I sent you that was loaded into TCI.

Gary

спасибо,Гари

Thanks, Gary...

I installed the ignitech unit about a month ago with Gary's help. It sure is a slick installation and being able to run the vboost off of it is a bonus. The only problem I had was the MAP sensor failed shortly after installing the kit, but at least it was a standard GM 1bar sensor.

I have the v88 box and the only thing I have noticed is my tach gauge bounces down 2-3K every once and a while. It happened 3 times that I noticed during a 300km ride. I couldn't find any loose connections and I didn't notice that the engine stumbled. Has anyone else experienced this? The only thing I haven't replaced on the Ignition circuit is the pulse coils, but I did replace the pulse coil connector as recommend in the Ignitech docs. Also the pulse coil resistances are good.

I installed the ignitech unit about a month ago with Gary's help. It sure is a slick installation and being able to run the vboost off of it is a bonus. The only problem I had was the MAP sensor failed shortly after installing the kit, but at least it was a standard GM 1bar sensor.

I have the v88 box and the only thing I have noticed is my tach gauge bounces down 2-3K every once and a while. It happened 3 times that I noticed during a 300km ride. I couldn't find any loose connections and I didn't notice that the engine stumbled. Has anyone else experienced this? The only thing I haven't replaced on the Ignition circuit is the pulse coils, but I did replace the pulse coil connector as recommend in the Ignitech docs. Also the pulse coil resistances are good.

I would suggest at least checking and cleaning the 6 pin pickup connector.

Reason I feel this is important is related to how Ignitech ties the pickup coils into 2 pairs, rather than 4 individual inputs to the TCI.

I had a guy get a TCI from me. He could not get it to start his bike. He would put stock TCI back in and it would start & run well according to him. I had him send TCI back to me. I put it into my bike just as I received it and it functioned perfectly. I sent it back to him and it would not start again. He did some investigation and found that one of the pickup coil units was loose/damaged in the stator housing. Once this was fixed, the Ignitech unit functioned as it should.

What this indicates is that the Ignitech is somehow translating the pickup coil signal and electroically modifying this signal.

I have seen the pickup coil connector cause problems with a stock TCI on Ventures. It is located back near the clutch slave on Ventures, thus getting dirty & oily on some bikes.

I have not seen any problems with the pickup coil connector on any 1990 and newer bikes with single pickup coil.

This could be the cause of the tach dropouts that you are seeing, not sure how though. The tach does get its trigger from the #2 coil on a stock bike. Ignitech TCI does have the ability to directly output the tach signal from the TCI. Probably only really useful if an aftermarket tach used.

FYI, Ignitech can also output to a fuel pump relay if needed.

If you could send me the failed MAP back, I can work on getting you a replacement. I would like to find why it failed. I have resources at day job to look at this, starting with x-ray of sensor.

Gary

Thanks for info Gary. I did replace the 6 pin connector, because it looked in poor shape when installing the ignitech. I'll see if I still have the failed MAP sensor.

I'll pull the alternator cover and visually check it or should I just replace it as a prevenative measure? The pickup coils ohm out ok and are pricey local Yamaha dealer wants about $450.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Gary,

I don't have the failed MAP sensor. Probably threw it out after I verified the replacement worked from a local auto parts store. I'm not worried about warranty, since I wanted to use the bike ASAP I just picked up a replacement. Never though that you may want to check the sensor out, sorry about that. I just don't like junk accumulating in my shop. The signal output was reading 0 vdc when it was at atmospheric pressure and once I replaced it it was over 4 vdc with the engine off and was providing a reading in the software closer to atmospheric pressure.

Still haven't had a chance to remove the stator cover but I hope to have a chance this week.

I would suggest at least checking and cleaning the 6 pin pickup connector.

Reason I feel this is important is related to how Ignitech ties the pickup coils into 2 pairs, rather than 4 individual inputs to the TCI.

I had a guy get a TCI from me. He could not get it to start his bike. He would put stock TCI back in and it would start & run well according to him. I had him send TCI back to me. I put it into my bike just as I received it and it functioned perfectly. I sent it back to him and it would not start again. He did some investigation and found that one of the pickup coil units was loose/damaged in the stator housing. Once this was fixed, the Ignitech unit functioned as it should.

What this indicates is that the Ignitech is somehow translating the pickup coil signal and electroically modifying this signal.

I have seen the pickup coil connector cause problems with a stock TCI on Ventures. It is located back near the clutch slave on Ventures, thus getting dirty & oily on some bikes.

I have not seen any problems with the pickup coil connector on any 1990 and newer bikes with single pickup coil.

This could be the cause of the tach dropouts that you are seeing, not sure how though. The tach does get its trigger from the #2 coil on a stock bike. Ignitech TCI does have the ability to directly output the tach signal from the TCI. Probably only really useful if an aftermarket tach used.

FYI, Ignitech can also output to a fuel pump relay if needed.

If you could send me the failed MAP back, I can work on getting you a replacement. I would like to find why it failed. I have resources at day job to look at this, starting with x-ray of sensor.

Gary

Back