The OFFICIAL "What I think of the K9 VMax" thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some time back, Yamaha asked for opinions on what the new Max should be. I sent in the following "wants":

1. Upgrade suspension/frame.
2. Larger wheels with radials.
3. More horsepower.
4. Keep shaft drive.
5. More fuel capacity.
6. Move tack to a more visible spot.
7. Keep design close to original so bike is recognizable.
8. Fuel injection.
9. Six speed trans.
10. Lighter weight.
11. Reasonable price.

They came close to my dream Max. Just left out more fuel capacity, six speed, lighter weight and reasonable price. All in all I am pleased with the bike. Will know more when it has been tested and when (or if) I actually see one. I will have to wait for a used one though.... :(

Some time back, Yamaha asked for opinions on what the new Max should be. I sent in the following "wants":

1. Upgrade suspension/frame.
2. Larger wheels with radials.
3. More horsepower.
4. Keep shaft drive.
5. More fuel capacity.
6. Move tack to a more visible spot.
7. Keep design close to original so bike is recognizable.
8. Fuel injection.
9. Six speed trans.
10. Lighter weight.
11. Reasonable price.

They came close to my dream Max. Just left out more fuel capacity, six speed, lighter weight and reasonable price. All in all I am pleased with the bike. Will know more when it has been tested and when (or if) I actually see one. I will have to wait for a used one though.... :(

Looks like they listened to you until they got to number 9 and quit. :rofl_200:

I would proably have to stick another $18,000 into it, just to get it the way I would like it

I want the first year of every New Gen Max made...period. If I had listened to everyone that bought the 85' first, I would not own the beast I do now. Dumb as me bought a 900R first, dropped a valve at 2400 miles and had to beg for my crated 85 in 86. Had a perfectly good GS1150E at the time and wanted the outlaw.

With todays gas prices at over 4 times what they were in 85' , I figure 3x's the price for a New Max is about expected.

If they really limit it to 2500 for 2009...I'll take 2. Can't even get 1 around here with cash on the barrel head! Tried twice yesterday to get the deal done with a guarantee on the 2009 model...no luck!

I don't think there is anyone on this board who would not proudly swing a leg over the beast if they owned it!

:punk:

Neil

So has anyone put $1000 down for one yet?

I'm curious if there's demand enough that it's even too late to get one of the 1st 2500. I'm also curious if the dealers are selling for sticker or trying to gouge.

I SO want this bike.

-fatz

p.s. When you shut it off, the display also says "see you next time".

edit: Forget it! I found the deposit thread in the 09 forum :D

So has anyone put $1000 down for one yet?

I'm curious if there's demand enough that it's even too late to get one of the 1st 2500. I'm also curious if the dealers are selling for sticker or trying to gouge.

I SO want this bike.

-fatz

p.s. When you shut it off, the display also says "see you next time".

edit: Forget it! I found the deposit thread in the 09 forum :D

I tried twice yesterday at 2 locations...no guarantee and wanted my money anyway. They are already spoken for!!!

Back