This is what we ended up buying

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
2012-06-09_18-01-56_220.jpg

2002 buell blast with 7700 miles. picked it up for 1200.. My girlfriends excited she cant wait. she has ALOT of learning ahead of her lol. already dropped it.. we took it down the lane way at her parents i was on the back showing her how to use the clutch and such. Im dumb i got off told her to try it. When i told her to stop she hit a rock and dumped it . she got mad at me because i busted out laughing. i shouldve never let her do it by herself.. she said she might not feel safe on the road with it till the end of summer. i think it will be a good starter bike :punk:

Yes, a good choice, despite Eric Buell crushing one for spite. She can learn on it & if she wants to continue you can upgrade.

Crushing a blast?? Hahahaha yea figured by the end of the year if she wants to sell it she can. It will deffinent hold its value. She really liked the kz550 but there's something fishy about the whole situation and he still doesn't have the title.. y would u post something forsale if you don't have the title.

Did you happen to buy it from Medina? Just remember, they are notorious for bad rear wheel bearings. Change them out and you will be fine unless it has already been done.

Todd

Did you happen to buy it from Medina? Just remember, they are notorious for bad rear wheel bearings. Change them out and you will be fine unless it has already been done.

Todd

Yup that's where we bought it. U know them? What's a good way to tell if it needs bearing?

No I don't know them, but had seen it on Craiglist. I thought about sending you the info but from the bikes you had been looking at, I didn't think a thumper would fit the bill. Just check how much play is in the rear wheel. There is alot of info on the rear bearings on the net. I believe, if my memory is correct, some guys were machining the rear hub to take other bearings. Also, I want to say it was Honda possibly that made a bearing to fit it and was trouble free after that. Google will be your friend!

Todd

You should be able to go to your local bearing supply house & get quality replacements. Look at the PM I sent you about checking wheel freeplay. Did it come w/crash bars? Or sliders? Sounds like you can use a set. It might save the bike from some road rash. Make sure she wears some kind of glove no matter how hot it is. Needless to say, a CE-armor vented jacket will help, "next-time."

Latest posts

Back