Thought the OEM backrest wasnt available??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:punk: Hey Rebar, you might want to check with them. I don't think they had any in stock the last time I checked? They may have now tho. Buy a bunch if they do as they sell for over $500 on ebay. Good Luck, Spurs

ihave one for sale on flea bay right now.

also check out the one a guy is making. that you leave the factory grab bar on.

ihave one for sale on flea bay right now.

also check out the one a guy is making. that you leave the factory grab bar on.

That's Jon at UFO. Looks nice, he makes some great parts. Spurs:punk:

:punk: On Ebay right now. I think it's up to $105 or so. Good luck, Spurs

:confused2: Yes, it does look a little low, more like the 2009 model. He can probably make them taller if you ask. He does lots of custom work so it should be no problem. later, Spurs

Here is the UFO backrest, IMO the Rice Paddy backrest is much nicer looking. UFO is selling the basic aluminum turn signals for $60/4!:bang head:

I hate to be the jerk that is so vocal. But OMG I think I would rather drive around with a cushion from my couch strapped to my bike than parade that thing around. YUCK!

The vertical piece with the pad is OEM as well as the bolt on horizontal package rack. They are two different parts. I have the OEM sissybar just not the package rack and would like to pick one up if I could find one.

Last edited:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-V-Max-VMax-VMX-Sissy-Bar-Backrest-w-Pad-NEW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5d0afab6QQitemZ130410019510QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Thats expensive , i only paid half that for mine .. :ummm:

Thats not oem. but it does look taller. I wish they had a picture of the HAC on the bike.

Looks like you cant touch the oem backrest for less than $300. I might as well get a new oem for less than $400 if I can.

Thats not oem. but it does look taller. I wish they had a picture of the HAC on the bike.

Looks like you cant touch the oem backrest for less than $300. I might as well get a new oem for less than $400 if I can.
Chris has one for his bike, check out Chis' gallery here, he has 3 pictures of his bike with HAC Sissy bar on. Much better that simplistic designed and ugly one from UFO.
IMO the OEM Sissy bar is the best looking and with the package rack very versatile. The HAC unit is probably the most useful to a person that needs to take it on/ off often and looks like a oem piece.

Chris has one for his bike, check out Chis' gallery here, he has 3 pictures of his bike with HAC Sissy bar on. Much better that simplistic designed and ugly one from UFO.
IMO the OEM Sissy bar is the best looking and with the package rack very versatile. The HAC unit is probably the most useful to a person that needs to take it on/ off often and looks like a oem piece.

Thanks Brian.

The HAC looks to be close to the same height as the oem. I need to see pics of how its mounted. And what bolts or brackets are still mounted when its off.

Back