Throttle Control Replacement

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blurr

Reaction score
I'm thinking of replacing my handle bar controls with some M-Switch in my continuing quest to simplify and clean up the ride. My issue now the throttle. Does anyone know of a unit that is just the throttle/throttle cable housing?

If you want to clean it up even more you need to get the grips that have the buttons in the grips. Can't remember the name of them at the moment. If you swap to a flatslide you can eliminate the switch housing. Might be able to use a dirtbike setup too and only have a "pull" cable.

Well, I like the motogadget set up since you can set it up on a serial bus and make all the switches and bar end turn signals ( that I already have) a one wire setup. But I am going to look up that grip/button set.

EDIT: Oh wow, those are neat. I wonder if they will fit within the rubber is a d3?

Last edited:
Not sure. Haven't tried yet. As clean an install as you're going to ever see though.

I'm thinking of replacing my handle bar controls with some M-Switch in my continuing quest to simplify and clean up the ride. My issue now the throttle. Does anyone know of a unit that is just the throttle/throttle cable housing?

The R1/6 from right before they went to the electric throttle might work. The throttle control is a separate housing from the switch housing. I was thinking of using those controls myself.

I found these but I wonder if a single set of pull/push cables will get the job done or if that little box in the line is nessisary beyond just letting you remove your carbs without having to pull you whole throttle cables out.

Back