Ticking

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneRhino

Reaction score
I have a 2007 and it makes a ticking noise eveytime i bring it to the Shop they say nothing is wrong is this sound normal
The oil light also come on when i give it some juice is this also normal

You'll have to be more specific about your ticking noise, and elaborate on what/when you're hearing.

As far as the oil light is concerned, it's an oil level sensor (not pressure) so it's normal for it to come on when you go WOT and the oil rushes toward the back of the motor. As long as it comes off when you come off the gas it's all good.

Ditto, The oil light will come on when you "get on it" so to speak. Once the engine comes back under normal conditions, the light goes out. This does not mean that your oil level is low. Do not add additional unless you can see in the window that it is down.

The ticking noise is normal as well. Use higher octane fuel, should quiet it down a little. Mr. Max likes high test......will run on the lower stuff just fine, but the higher octane stuff helps the ticking sound a little. It's because the engine is so large comparably. Imagine it was a Corvette engine. Use low octane and it ticks like a clock. Use higher octane and it doesn't.

I'm not an engine mechanic, so I don't know the reasons for it, but it works with my bike. I just rode 11 hundred miles. Used low octane the whole way, ticking got worse. Got home, used high octane for the last two fill ups.......gone.

Good luck.

Hey Stonerhino....just a ways up the Northway, huh? I'm south east of Albany in Columbia county, you ever get down this way give me a holler.

The ticking noise...is it at idle, or acceleration, rapid or intermittent?

i assume we're not talking about the fuel pump ticking?

HaHa!! You're onto me Garrett!! That's right where I was heading with this!! :rofl_200:

hopefully its just the fuel pump! can't imagine anything else on an '07

mine has a few normal ticking noises...

1. fuel pump.
2. 2800 - 3200 rpms one of the breather hose brackets vib's against the faux take cover
3. sudden drops or compressions in the fork causes a ticking like noise which best i can tell is from rattle can painting my headlight bucket and bracket and the spray paint sticking together when its warm.
4. if the bike isn't warm at all and trying to rev it causes it to stop revving and tick a bit..

aside from that we'd have to know more eh?

MY ENGINE SOUNDS LIKE A ROCK TUMBLER :rofl_200:, BUT RUNS LIKE A " LAND ROCKET " !...:punk:

Latest posts

Back