Tight fit K&N ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auggie_1970

Reaction score
Hey guys, just installed a K&N on a 04 vmax and when I went to close up the airbox, I was surprised to see that there was about a 3/16 gap all around the airbox lid. So I checked and double checked that there was'nt anything restricting the lid or the filter from sitting correctly. I had to push down on the lid as I screwed donw the 6 or so screws, is this normal? Didnt feel normal

take a pic of the old and new filters next to each other.

Not sure if the original filter is a stock one or something else..but I'll do that..There is a difference side by side, K&N is higher

afaik it shouldn't be. whered u get the k&N from? whats the model #?

Maybe it`s a defective one ? `cause mine fits perfect as a matter of fact, I question the foam seal at the top of the filter and was thinking bout using a thicker insulating foam to seal it up good.
defininatly got to check it out !!.
<<Dave>>:eusa_dance:

I pulled the part number off the k&n website and spoke with a rep this afternoon..the number is Ya-1285 and the numbers stamped on the filter should be D077a6 and C077a6. I'll pull the filter tonight and verify..

shit man, when i get home i'll check. i have an OEM one and a K&N. i'll take a peak i bet they're identical (sized)

I bought the K&N a while back and it was the same for me.
The airbox did close properly but it was a tight fit. I think it was because the K&N was a little concaved and didn't sit all the way down till you pushed on it.

Back