Tire & Fork Pressure

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmakatt

Reaction score
Hi Guys-

I'm running stock Tires on a 06'. According to my manual, for my weight, I should have 33 Front and 36 Rear. That's cold Temp. Any idea what that's equivalent in warm Temp?
Also..
I was told that I could put as much as 21 PSI in my forks. Does that seem high? I thought i read somewhere it's supposed to be no more that 14..
I'm 225lbs with no gear.

Thanks!!
-KarmaKatt-

21 seems extremely high, I wouldn't put that much in.

33/36 is fine cold, I'd see almost 40 in the rear if I happened to check right after being on the highway for a while.

With Progressive fork springs, I ran zero air psi and it worked well. I know on my old Magna, the difference between zero and 5psi of air in the shocks was huge.

After my MaxGasser, I plan on PS Springs and Rears. Than a set of Radials.. (Maybe wait for Seans annual sale ??)
Still shipping to Canada will cost big for Tires I'll bet!!

Thx for the info..

With Stock Springs the manual Recommend about 7 Lbs of Pressure and 14 Lbs as the maximum (if I recall correctly).
With My Progressive Springs I also don't run any air in them.

I run 33 front and 36 Rear Tire pressure also (cold just means before you ride).

I run 33/36 in the tires, and 10 in the front forks....I like a bit of s stiffer ride, and eventually will go with progressive springs.

I have Prog. Susp. shocks & radials. I run about 14 psi in the '93+ front end & f 32/r 36 psi. The forks I bought used from a guy here in FL I have done business with. I think he said the forks had Prog. Susp. springs but I haven't disassembled 'em to see, no need. I tried running no air but it wasn't firm enough. I tried 5, then 10 & finally 15 psi & bled it off a bit. The front end felt very secure at that point. I haven't touched it since except to add a Superbrace I got from a member here, sorry, I don't recall whom, but it was in great shape, thanks. I do have a set of Race Tech springs I previously bought. I also have some RICOR's for valving, but neither of the last two have made it aboard yet.

The biggest change my bike benefitted from has been radials. Buy a Kosman rear in whatever size you want, 17/18" & just use a 110/80 x 18" on your stock front wheel. You should be able to ride radials for about $800 if you can get a good used wheel, tires included in that.

All good info guys thx.. Just spent some $ (Pipes etc) and need to take a break after my gear
(Revzilla -RSD-).. I've read many times that Rims and Rubber are the biggest improvement. It'll take time, but I've only been at this since October!! Already I've spoken to Jon, Sean, Rick, Kyle.. the Max community rocks out with their c--ks out!!
Thx in advance to all for your replies!!
-KarmaKatt-

Back