Tire pressure (radial)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the same thing, had a machinist make the hole bigger, he fucked it up and got it off center ruining the housing.

I'm sure you noticed that the roll pin holding the gears in the housing is "blind" in that it only has ONE hole to push it in with no way to push it back out from the other side.

Since I had nothing to lose with the ruined housing I ended up drilling a tiny hole opposite of the "blind" roll pin on and removed the roll pin and gears and installed the new gears in my old housing...After figuring out where and how deep to drill the new hole on the old housing I had a "method" to use to remove the roll pin on my good housing to allow removal of the old gears.........Works perfectly now......With a 120/70-18 it's about 1.5% off....

Boxxenstopp shows/showed a correct one on thier website for about $50, I was trying to outsmart myself and orderded what I thought was the correct one from the dealer for about the same price....I was wrong...

Huh, didn't think about swapping the gears over...figured couldn't be done. Yeah, rip-off from Boxenstopp. Now that I know that I need a YZF600 drive I'm set...just need to shave some meat from it so that it fits the fork on the left side.

Huh, didn't think about swapping the gears over...figured couldn't be done. Yeah, rip-off from Boxenstopp. Now that I know that I need a YZF600 drive I'm set...just need to shave some meat from it so that it fits the fork on the left side.

That being said, I don't remember exactly which drive unit I ordered, think it was a 90-94 FZ1000 olr something along those lines....The housing was indeed identical to the Max except for the axle hole

That being said, I don't remember exactly which drive unit I ordered, think it was a 90-94 FZ1000 olr something along those lines....The housing was indeed identical to the Max except for the axle hole..

Rip-offs? Yeah they are out there...it amounts to someone else having done the research in figuring out what stock parts off another bike work, without you or me having to do the trial and error research...we're simply paying a premium for their knowledge for an item you could buy cheaper elsehwere if you knew WHICH item to buy....

Sometimes that mark-up is worth it....saves a lot of hassle.....

True, but 200% mark-up is a bit excessive. I just bought one for $20 including shipping.

Rusty, it's a used unit off Ebay. We'll see...maybe I'll be dumb when it doesn't work. :)

Back