Tire Valves

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
I HATE MY STOCK TIRE VALVES ! THERE WAY TO BIG & STICK OUT WAY TO MUCH ! THERE NOT EVEN BLACK ! I'D LIKE TO PUT SHORT STRAIGHT ONES IN , DOES ANYONE KNOW THE SIZE OF THE HOLE IN THE RIM FOR THE VALVE ? IT DOES NOT SAY THE SIZE ON YAMAHA'S WEBSITE, IT JUST LIST'S A PART NUMBER FOR THE VALVE ASSEMBLY, ALSO , DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THEY ALL USE SCREW IN VALVES & NOT PULL IN BLACK RUBBER ONES LIKE ON A CAR ? :confused2:

I HATE MY STOCK TIRE VALVES ! THERE WAY TO BIG & STICK OUT WAY TO MUCH ! THERE NOT EVEN BLACK ! I'D LIKE TO PUT SHORT STRAIGHT ONES IN , DOES ANYONE KNOW THE SIZE OF THE HOLE IN THE RIM FOR THE VALVE ? IT DOES NOT SAY THE SIZE ON YAMAHA'S WEBSITE, IT JUST LIST'S A PART NUMBER FOR THE VALVE ASSEMBLY, ALSO , DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THEY ALL USE SCREW IN VALVES & NOT PULL IN BLACK RUBBER ONES LIKE ON A CAR ? :confused2:

My guess would be so they don't pop out at 130 miles an hour.
:eusa_dance:

THATS WHAT I WAS THINKING, " BUY LAW " I WISH I KNEW WHAT SIZE THE HOLE IS , SO I CAN ORDER SHORT STAIGHT ONES, WITHOUT HAVING TO TAKE IT APART FIRST !!!:biglaugh:

LOL They would go into the tire when the wheels are spinning... The pressure of the tire and the fact that they lock in negates that from happening.

My SV has standard rubber ones.

well why did'nt you say so chris ? "lol" , all my bikes have had these screw in ones , except my first 2 bikes had tubes ! I guess that they don't fallout on a race car either ! Supposedly your not supposed to plug a motorcycle tire either ,

Last edited:
IT WAS BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION , THAT SUZUKI SV1000'S HAVE RUBBER TIRE VALVES, I ORDERED 2, THERE ONE THIER WAY , I'LL LET YOU GUY'S KNOW IF THEY FIT A STOCK V-MAX RIM ! :knife:

My best bud has a 2006 SV1000S. I took a good look at his rims next to mine. (I have an '07 Max)

From what I see, his rims are a good deal wider than mine are. Also, his stems are not dead center of rim like mine are. The big deal is, that on my rims you can NOT use a straight valve stem. You'd never be able to get a hose on it to put air into the tire. If that stem were straight, no matter how short, there simply isn't enough room between the end of it and the swoop of the center rim spokes to get a hose of any kind on it.

Now if you've got custom rims, or the older spoke rims, then I don't see what the problem would be. If it's the same style as mine though, you'd better take a second look at the clearance. There is simply no way a straight stem is going to work.

Regards,
Tom

I don't think he is. He's not on the internet that much.

I'll email him the link though.

Regards,
Tom

I HEAR YA , MY RIMS ARE THE SAME AS YOURS , SO IF I CANT- I CANT , I'LL JUST COVER THE STOCK ONES WITH BLACK HEAT SHRINK TUBING , BUT I THINK IF THE RUBBER ONES FIT IN THE HOLE, I CAN JUST PUSH THEM A LITTLE TO ONE SIDE , TO GET THE CAP OFF & CHECK THE AIR , THANKS FOR THE INFO , I'LL LET YOU KNOW , HOPEFULLY EARLY NEXT WEEK ! :punk:

I JUST GOT THE 2 VALVES FROM A 2005 SV1000, THEY ARE PLENTY SHORT ENOUGH, BUT THEY NEED THE SAME SIZE HOLE AS THE SMALL CAR TIRE VALVE TAKES , 11MM / 7/16, I'M SURE THE V-MAX HOLE IS NOT BIG ENOUGH FOR IT , I DON'T KNOW IF I'M UP TO DRILLING IT BIGGER ! I'M JUST WAITING ON MY BEED BREAKER TOOL FROM J&P CYCLES, THAN I'LL SCOPE IT OUT ! I'LL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED ! :hmmm:

I JUST GOT THE 2 VALVES FROM A 2005 SV1000, THEY ARE PLENTY SHORT ENOUGH, BUT THEY NEED THE SAME SIZE HOLE AS THE SMALL CAR TIRE VALVE TAKES , 11MM / 7/16, I'M SURE THE V-MAX HOLE IS NOT BIG ENOUGH FOR IT , I DON'T KNOW IF I'M UP TO DRILLING IT BIGGER ! I'M JUST WAITING ON MY BEAD BREAKER TOOL FROM J&P CYCLES, THAN I'LL SCOPE IT OUT ! I'LL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED ! :hmmm:

J&P is about an hour and a half ride from here... We usually go up a few times a year for the ride. Ton's 'O fun!:thumbs up:

IF THATS TRUE , I WOULD OF PICKED THE STUFF UP FOR YOU & MAILED IT, JUST TO SAVE TIME, :rofl_200:I'M GLAD J&P CYCLES IS NOT THAT CLOSE TO ME , I'D BE MORE BROKE THAN I AM ! IF THATS POSSIBLE ! :rofl_200::cheers:

Last edited:
WELL TODAY I POPPED MY FRONT TIRE OF OF ITS BEAD , THE HOLE IS ONLY ABOUT 8-9 MM. IT NEEDS TO BE 11-12 MM. BUT I CAN'T DRILL THE HOLE BIGGER WITHOUT TAKING THE WHEEL OFF OF THE BIKE & THE TIRE OFF OF THE RIM, SO I CAN GET IN THERE TO DO IT RIGHT ! SO I'M PUTTING THIS ON HOLD FOR A WHILE , AT LEAST TILL IT GETS ALOT WARMER ! :hmmm:

I would be very careful. Looking at my rim, yours being the same, I would think that widening that hole would actually hurt the structural integrety of the rim. That is a re-enforced section around the middle there.

Not sure if it really will hurt anything, but I'd think twice before I went drilling on it.

Regards,
Tom

YEA, I SEE WHAT YOUR SAYING TOM, & THANKS FOR THE HEADS-UP ! I'M GOING TO SCOPE IT OUT TOMORROW , & TAKE THE FRONT TIRE OFF, THE HOLE ONLY NEEDS TO BE OPENED UP 2 MAYBE 3 MM. IF I DONT THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA, THERES A BIG RIM & TIRE STORE NEAR MY HOUSE , I'LL RUN UP THERE & SEE IF THEY HAVE REALY SHORT STRAIGHT ONES, THAT HAVE THE NUTS ON THE INSIDE , INSTEAD OF THE OUTSIDE , IF NOT J&P CYCLES DOES SO I'LL JUST ORDER THEM FROM THERE & SEE WHAT HAPPENS ! I'LL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED ! :thumbs up:

Tom,I'll take your old ones since you hate them so much!

" I'M TIM " , & NO PROBLEM YOU CAN HAVE THEM ! I'LL LET YOU NO TOMORROW , THE ONLY DOWN SIDE TO THIS MOD. IS IF I SOMEHOW SCREW THIS UP , I'LL BE FORCED TO BUY NICE NEW RIMS & RADIAL TIRES ! THAT WOULD BE A SHAME ! "LOL" "LOL" :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

CAN YOU POST A PICTURE OF YOUR BIG HOLE WHEN YOU GET IT REAMED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Chris told me to say that.

Latest posts

Back