Tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyder13

Reaction score
What kind of tires are you guys running on your max's? I was looking at Avons. I don't see the front tire size on the sites. It is either 100/90/18 or 120/90/18

i run the 120 shinko up front and really like the bigger tire, looks meaner...

only have ~200 miles on the tires, but like them so far...

(shinko 170 in the rear as well)

i run the 120 shinko up front and really like the bigger tire, looks meaner...

only have ~200 miles on the tires, but like them so far...

(shinko 170 in the rear as well)

Does the 120 clear with room to spare?? Anybody now that a 120 Metzler clears also??

Does the 120 clear with room to spare?? Anybody now that a 120 Metzler clears also??

bolted right on (no mods, no messing) and love the looks.. check out my album.. i know 44 magnum runs the same thing

I ordered a set of Metzeler tires for my vmax. 110/90/18 front and 150/80/15 for rear.

can anyone confirm if the metzler 120 fits the front? Id like the fattest possible tire up there, and since i have the 170 metz on the back id like them to match if at all possible.

bolted right on (no mods, no messing) and love the looks.. check out my album.. i know 44 magnum runs the same thing
I think this should help ya out.
can anyone confirm if the metzler 120 fits the front? Id like the fattest possible tire up there, and since i have the 170 metz on the back id like them to match if at all possible.
Good to see ya back Clintard. :clapping:

I think this should help ya out.

Good to see ya back Clintard. :clapping:

true...

just be careful tho, i remember sean saying that the metz rear is bigger than the shinko, so shinko's "sizes" may be slightly scalled back so the metz 120 may be too big.

i would confirm with someone who actually ran the 120 metz... or get the 120 shinko

true...

just be careful tho, i remember sean saying that the metz rear is bigger than the shinko, so shinko's "sizes" may be slightly scalled back so the metz 120 may be too big.

i would confirm with someone who actually ran the 120 metz... or get the 120 shinko

Yeah thats what i was afraid of, so im still waiting on confirmation from someone who has ran the 120 metz.

Yeah thats what i was afraid of, so im still waiting on confirmation from someone who has ran the 120 metz.

If you look in the widest and best tire thread there is someone

Oh Yeah, forgot to mention, the front is a ME880 120/90-18. Goes well with the balloon theme, lol! It come on the bike when I got it, and can't wear it out. The PO had the fork brace spaced upwards, but I removed the spacers the last time I had the forks off, and the fender still clears no problem..

Last post on page 4, hope it helps. I bought the 120 front but haven't installed it yet otherwise i could tell you.

I just ordered my second rear Shinko a few mins ago. Love these tires. Love Motorcycle-Superstore too. Bought the tire and one other item, the order came to $78 and they didn't charge me shipping. Sweet-ass sweet!

If anyone wants to see additional pics of the Shinkos, check my album out as well. And to further back up what gamorg said, here's a couple shots of the clearance up front.

Attachments

• 100_1813.jpg
    100_1813.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_1815.jpg
    100_1815.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 26
Back