To President-Elect Trump

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair point. Trump echoes everything he tweets in his speeches, so whether he tweets about it or talks about the effects are starting to show among his supporters. Wikileaks was all over the news when those DNC emails were uploaded to it. Most people don't even really understand what Wikileaks even is or who is associated with it. They just know it had dirt on Clinton, Trump talked about it, and therefore it must be good. Alot of people, from both parties, tend to confuse Snowden with Wikileaks.

The more alarming metric for me is the spike in a positive attitude towards Putin by Republicans who historically were not fans of him. For years it was a pretty steady in the -60s, but around June of this year it started to slowly rise. And in Oct - November it spiked up big time. But that falls in line when Trump and Pence were on TV praising Putin as a great leader and doubling down on that praise in the debates. I never thought there would be a day when I'd see Conservatives softer on Putin than Liberals. But I never thought I'd see the day where conservatives elect a candidate whose wife did nude modeling and can barely speak any English. Things are a changin' alright. Maybe Trumps pick of Secretary of Education will urge states to adopt some Russian language language classes. Looks like we're gonna need it.

But hey perhaps the polls are wrong. This election proved polls have a ton of flaws. But the poll results seems to fall in line with the overall response from the GOP so far.

IMO it comes down to Ideology/ philosophy. People are very willing to overlook, to get what they feel best represents them, or what they can get. The glaring example. How else could you explain why Hilary even got one vote, and is not in jail. Now you can hammer Trump:biglaugh: As far as dictators, Trump has Putin, Obama has/had Chaves and Castro, maybe some Muslim leadership. Hilary has all the leaders of the countries that contributed to the Clinton foundation. So the real question is what is the motivations.

Well here's the question I have for King. Why now?

Russian hacking was brought up months ago and they didn't ask for shit. In the presidential debates it was brought up many times that the intelligence community thinks Russian was attempting to influence our election and never once did the committee ask for anything. When the DNC was hacked and it was uploaded to Wikileaks in July of this year and they never asked for anything. They had months to call for this meeting and chose not to do so.

They're mad because no one showed up to their request now? I'm mad they were sitting on their ass for several months. They'll get their answers. They just need to wait a month. It wasn't an urgent issue to them a month ago, whats them waiting another month going to matter? They've already shown they really don't care IMO.

So I could argue King is doing exactly what he's claiming the IC of doing... I could argue that Nunes and King both knew that if they make a request now after Obama's request has been launched that they would get denied due to an on-going investigation. But they know they can spin that to create doubt. So to me that's why the important question is "Why now?" "Why didn't you ask for a meeting of the IC 6 months ago when one of the political parties was hacked during an election cycle?"

The Intelligence Community (IC) is refusing to provide the House Intelligence Committee with a requested Thursday briefing on Russian interference with the U.S. election, citing an ongoing review of the matter requested by President Obama.

According to a statement, the IC will not be offering comment to Congress until it completes that review, which will cover foreign interference in the electoral process since 2008.
"Once the review is complete in the coming weeks, the Intelligence Community stands ready to brief Congress — and will make those findings available to the public consistent with protecting intelligence sources and methods," the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) said in a statement.

The way king is describing it. The CIA is obligated to report, not be chased by the committee. It still doesnt address the issue that it was reported in the paper, without this comittee having any knowledge.

The way king is describing it. The CIA is obligated to report, not be chased by the committee. It still doesnt address the issue that it was reported in the paper, without this comittee having any knowledge.

The only thing they had no prior knowledge about was this latest assertion that the cyberwarfare attacks were done specifically to help Trump. But as I said in a previous post I don't belive there is any evidence of that. And since that came from some "leaked source" rather than official from an intelligence agency I think that further proves there's no evidence of it. So it seems silly to me for King to demand the CIA answer about something they don't officially agree on.

But as far as Russian activity as a whole it was reported back in the first week of Oct. They reported it to everyone. And the Department of Homeland Security, which King also sits on their committee, started working with over 30 states to help them secure their systems before the election as result of that report.

So again, I think his claim that they weren't told is a bit false or if nothing else is misleading. He's the pot calling the kettle black IMO.

IMO it comes down to Ideology/ philosophy. People are very willing to overlook, to get what they feel best represents them, or what they can get. The glaring example. How else could you explain why Hilary even got one vote, and is not in jail. Now you can hammer Trump:biglaugh: As far as dictators, Trump has Putin, Obama has/had Chaves and Castro, maybe some Muslim leadership. Hilary has all the leaders of the countries that contributed to the Clinton foundation. So the real question is what is the motivations.

You make a fair point. I would only argue that it's not matter of idealogy/philosophy... it's a matter of hypocrisy. And most of our country and the folks in government who represent them in both parties are hypocrites.

Back