Toasted Max turns into project, HELP...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugejp

Reaction score
Hey guys, Please see the attached pics of what used to be my max,:tantrum: workshop fire...

So I've just bought a new max, but I'd like to use the junked bike as a platform for a chan drive conversion as all thats left are the casings & the frame pretty much...

So I could do all the work on the toasted bike while still riding the new one.

I wish I were in the states as all the best stuff is there! I'm in South Africa, so I'm begging any body who may be able to help me with instructions, design files or any advice on the best route to go on this project.

My goal is to fit a USD front end off of a ZX9, a chaindrive with a VFR800 SSSA & a 1540 big bore kit. PLus all the regular stuff like gusseting the frame, soid motor mounts, frame brace ect.

Any help would be fantastic!!!

Thank you all in advance.

JP

Attachments

• Burnt Max (1).jpg
    Burnt Max (1).jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Burnt Max (2).jpg
    Burnt Max (2).jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Burnt Max (3).jpg
    Burnt Max (3).jpg
    29 KB · Views: 92
OH SHIT!!!!!!!:th_scared:

I'm not going to be of ANY help for that.......I'm not sure the cases or the frame would still be any good after that.....

That sucks bad......

The engine is probably ok but will need to be taken apart and checked out. The frame may have suffered some heat fatigue so be careful with that part. I do have some chain drive cases that are freshly setup for 1570cc's that I would sell if interested. I think I even have the trans mods done but it will need to be undercut (which we can do too).

Sean

Wow, Sorry for your loss. Hope the resurrection goes well. You could call the bike "Grateful Dead" or even "Resurrected". Congrats on the new Max and good luck with the restoration...

You are going to have to keep us up on your progress. Poor Max got burned pretty bad. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back