Tools needed to Move brake lever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm going to pick up my 2007 VMAX Tuesday and it's been about 10 years since I sold my last VMAX so my memory is not so good. Can someone tell me what tool and size of tool I'll need to Move brake lever assembly and/or switch assembly.

I have to drive it back about 550 miles so I bought a cruise control that I am going to install before starting back. I'm sure the factory tool kit has what I need but I still want to bring a few tools to do the job.

what size allen nuts are on the brake lever assembly, if I remember correctly the switch assembly is held together with screws. So I guess I really just need the size of the allen wrench for the brake lever assembly.

I'm new to this forum and I will introduce myself once I get back with my bike.

Thanks

The whole master cylinder assembly, that the brake lever attaches to, is attached to the handlebar with a clamp that uses a 5mm allen wrench.

If you are going to use one of the friction ones (Vista Cruise, NEP), you will have to round off the throttle sleeve as there are ridges that position the chrome ring on the inside of the grip. If you don't do this very carefully, the cruise will not work properly. It will grab and hang up or not hold the sleeve at all. It must be almost perfectly round and the same size as the rest of the sleeve.

That should be ok. It doesn't clamp the throttle sleeve, just the grip.

Back