Transmission repair problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machine1964

Reaction score
:ummm:
I'm trying to fix a 3rd gear problem.I've got the engine out and upside down.I took all the covers off and removed all the bolts,but there still seems to be some holding the case together in the area of the clutch.This is the first time I've done this so I don't want to pry on it and break something.What am I missing?

Found the problem didn't know about the bolts behind the clutch.Now does anyone have a clutch basket I can buy?The aluminum one that the cltch plates go in.

Found the problem didn't know about the bolts behind the clutch.Now does anyone have a clutch basket I can buy?The aluminum one that the cltch plates go in.

Inner basket or outter? I have both. The outer basket would be a bolt on. The inner basket would require you to change the pressure plate and clutch push rod as well. I have all of those items. The nice thing about this setup is that it will convert your clutch to a coil spring setup. This is very similar to the Barnett pressure plate but these are Yamaha parts. PM me if interested.

Yep, see what Mike has and I have a few of both types (standard vmax and early venture).

Sean

I got the problem figured out.Sean if you can give me a price for the below gear ,all the gaskets I need to put it back together (all 4 cover gaskets,the case and oil pan)and a standard vmax inner clutch basket and a way to pay i would appreciate it.

SKU: 1FK-17241-00-00
GEAR, 4TH WHEEL (28T)

I DID IT!! I pulled the motor out and put new gears in the trans.The bike runs great and I have all the gears again.It was very daunting for someone who had never done anything like this before so I want to say thanks to everyone who gave advice.A HUGE thanks to Sean Morley.He walked me through it and got me the parts I needed and I couldn't have done it without his immeasurable help.I f you need help,parts or work done on your Max,Sean is THE MAN.He is the Vmax guru.Like REO says I'm back on the road again.Thanks again everybody.

Attachments

• MyMax.jpg
    MyMax.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 20
That's awesome news! Glad you were able to get it back together! I agree that Sean knows pretty much anything to do with the Vmax. I bet if you blindfolded Sean then you put a freshly removed bolt from a Vmax in his hand, he'd have it figured out within 10 seconds!:worthy:
I have some very nice proof sitting in my brothers garage of Sean's masterful work!

Thanks guys. Probably not too far off lol on the bolt!
Sean

I DID IT!! I pulled the motor out and put new gears in the trans.The bike runs great and I have all the gears again.It was very daunting for someone who had never done anything like this before so I want to say thanks to everyone who gave advice.A HUGE thanks to Sean Morley.He walked me through it and got me the parts I needed and I couldn't have done it without his immeasurable help.I f you need help,parts or work done on your Max,Sean is THE MAN.He is the Vmax guru.Like REO says I'm back on the road again.Thanks again everybody.

is that nitrous? i think i'm undertaking that soon, any pointers?

Back