Tribal or Classic Pin Stripe

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHVmaxpower

Reaction score
Ok I met a guy at the car show 2 weeks ago who lives in my town. He's been doing freehand pinstriping for 40 plus years & very cheaply priced. My question is do I go Tribal in black or maybe a dark orange or go Classic PinStriping black or orange. I like the Tribal but want to get some of your opinions. What do youuuuus think?? The bike is light candy orange if you dont know.

Ok I met a guy at the car show 2 weeks ago who lives in my town. He's been doing freehand pinstriping for 40 plus years & very cheaply priced. My question is do I go Tribal in black or maybe a dark orange or go Classic PinStriping black or orange. I like the Tribal but want to get some of your opinions. What do youuuuus think?? The bike is light candy orange if you dont know.
Every artist has there own technique. It would help if you could show us some examples of his work.............Rusty:biglaugh:

Tribal is Passe' now. On the other hand, I don't think tasteful classis pinstriping has ever fallen completely out of favor. Are we talking Rat Fink striping or what? I've always felt
pinstriping had a more "Handmade"and artistic feel. Often times one can see some pinstriping and know right off who the painter (artist) is. Don't get me wrong, there is is some nice Tribal out there but you asked...

Tribal as Patmax said has had its day unless you're Maori. Pinstripes will still be tasteful years from now. Kenny Howard's pin striping is worth big bucks now. Get the guy to do your toolbox too so you have something to match the bike. The Rodders always got their oil, gas, & water cans done the same as their vehicles.

That would seal it for me. I 'd drop off my tins, give him a picture of what's exposed and what's covered when installed, tell what colors you lean toward and let him go hog wild or have artistic license to do what he feels looks right. Probably end up worth more money than you spent in the long term. Love Fire Medics idea. Guess I'd drop off a fresh matching helmet to him too.

Good idea for the helmet. Stuff like that from Kenny Howard is worth five figures now.

Well I had my bike striped today I went w/ tribal & old school I let him basically do what he wanted . I like it my wife Loves it. Thats all that counts I guess..
SAM_0942.jpg

SAM_0943.jpg

SAM_0944.jpg

Back