Triumph Rocket?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Rocket HAD TONS of personality. I guarantee you that ANY of you who ride one would want one. It's hard for me to say which bike is faster. My rocket ran 11.10@123 with horrible launches (exhaust/intake/rune). This was with bags mounted and everything! With the nitrous I think my max would beat it pretty easily but without...i just don't know.

All I can say is that if your max is not running perfect (synch, correct mains, valves etc etc etc) the rocket will eat it up. It's a close race when the max is running right! hahaha!

All I can say is that if your max is not running perfect (synch, correct mains, valves etc etc etc) the rocket will eat it up. It's a close race when the max is running right! hahaha!

So will a fat chick thighs....doesn't make me envious!

I think the Rocket III it's a great looking bike. In spite of it's mass I think of the RIII as a "sleeper"; it's just waiting to hand some VROD owner his/her ass.

Shortly after the Rocket III was introduced there was a comparo between it and a stock gen-1. The numbers were extremely close with both bikes in stock form. HDKILA's HP/torque numbers suggest it'd eat a stock gen-1.

Blaine

Thats why people do not race on the dyno. I have seen few of the Rocket 111's. I just saw one this weekend at a bike event. They are huge!!! What do those things weight. I would race one it just has never came up

Around 705 lbs dry weight. The comparo I was mentioning ran the RIII and the gen-1 head-to-head. 0-60 mph and the 2 were equal, the RIII won the 1/4 mile by a slight margin.

Blaine

Thats why people do not race on the dyno. I have seen few of the Rocket 111's. I just saw one this weekend at a bike event. They are huge!!! What do those things weight. I would race one it just has never came up

I've put a few 1000 miles on one. My father in law has a 2005 in burgandy. Nice bike but it's had its issues. A few leaks here and there (the engine cover behind the water pump and some plug on the header side back by the seat) He had the paint can rattle issue. They replaced the cam chain, tensioner, guides, and sprockets on the shafts.

It's a big freaking bike. I liked it when he first got it. Now, it's just a big bike with a sledge hammer motor. Great for the open road, not so good for curvy stuff. I'm not one to say the vmax handles well, but in comparison, it's pretty good.

285317173_878d2a5191.jpg

FWIW, according to him, he's got me in 1st and 2nd...by 3rd gear he said my bike pulls much harder. I think we'd be close with the launch given to him. I'd run him down by the ton....I think.

Big Bike. Never rode one, but always wanted too. The rear rotor is almost as big as the wheel!!!

Around 705 lbs dry weight. The comparo I was mentioning ran the RIII and the gen-1 head-to-head. 0-60 mph and the 2 were equal, the RIII won the 1/4 mile by a slight margin.

Blaine

I read the article I remember the authur mentioning it was the slowest V-max they have ever tested. Thats it I am racing the next one I see lol.

I will do a 200+ mile race for pinkslips with anyone... hell.. maybe even 150....hahaha That big tank is really nice for distance, the r3 actually does handle well for its size and yea.. the looks will grow on, Kinda like the looks of the VMAX...

all that being said, Im considering a trade with my 2005 Rockett III for a 2006 VMAX....

Not that I really like one over the other.. Im just curious about the VMAX.. and maybe ready for a little change..

although that damn 4 gal tank is really making me think two or three times about this..uggghhh...
l_689c8677da714b959e4ac7bcd9b92573.jpg

nice looking rocket. I would go spend some time on the Vmax if you can. Just to make sure. How many pit stops in our 200 miler? lol

The Rocket HAD TONS of personality. I guarantee you that ANY of you who ride one would want one. It's hard for me to say which bike is faster. My rocket ran 11.10@123 with horrible launches (exhaust/intake/rune). This was with bags mounted and everything! With the nitrous I think my max would beat it pretty easily but without...i just don't know.

The Ontario VMOA members had a track day at St. Thomas. Most of the racers were novices. The best Gen-1 VMax time was around 11.28 I believe. 11.50's were probably more the norm.

11.10@123, huh? Makes me kinda chuckle when I hear some local boys talk smack about eating RIII's with mostly stock Max's.

Blaine

I will do a 200+ mile race for pinkslips with anyone... hell.. maybe even 150....hahaha That big tank is really nice for distance, the r3 actually does handle well for its size and yea.. the looks will grow on, Kinda like the looks of the VMAX...

all that being said, Im considering a trade with my 2005 Rockett III for a 2006 VMAX....

Not that I really like one over the other.. Im just curious about the VMAX.. and maybe ready for a little change..

although that damn 4 gal tank is really making me think two or three times about this..uggghhh...
l_689c8677da714b959e4ac7bcd9b92573.jpg

Having owned BOTH bikes now I would say to keep your R3. It's as fast (maybe faster) than a max, handles alot better, brakes dam good AND has at least double the tank range.

Almost 160 lbs of toque??? nobody questions that? I have never looked the specs on this bike, but something is WAY off! That aside, it is still like taking a horny fat girl to prom...you may have had lots of fun on her, but sooner or later, you have to show her to your friends! IMHO it aint got any type of parking lot appeal.:rofl_200:

I know less than shit about this bike so I looked it up. Impressive tq numbers..but at 2500 rpm's???that folks is a tractor!! And to get to 160 lbs of tq to the ground :ummm:with pipes and tune from 142 at the crank????

The Ontario VMOA members had a track day at St. Thomas. Most of the racers were novices. The best Gen-1 VMax time was around 11.28 I believe. 11.50's were probably more the norm.

11.10@123, huh? Makes me kinda chuckle when I hear some local boys talk smack about eating RIII's with mostly stock Max's.

Blaine

Wow.. isn't it amazing what an extra 1000 cc will do? :icon_rolleyes:

Almost 160 lbs of toque??? nobody questions that? I have never looked the specs on this bike, but something is WAY off! That aside, it is still like taking a horny fat girl to prom...you may have had lots of fun on her, but sooner or later, you have to show her to your friends! IMHO it aint got any type of parking lot appeal.:rofl_200:
So if I understand you correctly, you had lots of fun at/after your prom? :rofl_200::clapping:

Back