Try to keep stock 85 or start to customize? Messing with perfection.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
So my drunk ass friend damaged my stock pipes a few weeks back. Clean 85 bought new. UFO seat..
My first thought was to buy him a bottle and then steal his 03 pipes.:biglaugh: But now I cant decide if I want to pursue keeping it stock. Or say screw it and start customizing it with maybe some Cobra Boulevard pipes. No way will I find 85 pipes in like new condition. So it wont really be stock if I install anything else. A few people have commented that they like the stock look over my kerker with CF can so I'm wondering if I should mess with perfection.

What do you guys think?

i like the stock pipes the chrome looks good and they are quiet. I don't want the neighbors to know i just buzzed them!:eusa_dance:

Since by your signature quote you know the scientific method, invoke it here! Try the pipes & look for stock replacements. You're gonna have to cut your virgin to install a Kerker 4/1 anyway. Centerstand rt tang, gone! Left tang, at least bent left if not cut, so why not just do it unless you want to try & keep it as stock as possible? Maybe by the time we are all dead an unmolested '85 might have some value but it likely would need to be as close to unused as you can get. What's the fun in that? You can always get another (year) for modding, we see they are cheap now. Just keep looking.

Find a new friend..... Shoot this one and take his 03...:clapping::rofl_200:

Oh my... I just gave a set to a buddy that is putting together a Maxim 700 for his wife. Not sure if he has done anything w/ them yet or if he's going to use them at all. Came off my 86', but same as the 85'... (had em both) . May be a few days to gather the info. He drives over the road and is gone for weeks at a time but I'll try to phone him. If all goes well, they're yours for the shipping... (Oh.)

I have the stock 98' pipes as well from my current "whip" (bike :punk:) but don't think I would part with them. Running those dredded "power sucking-worst pipe ever made-junk-stupid assed:shot::confused2:) Cobra 4 into 4's that sound GREAT! !! I like em...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250925483688&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

i like the stock pipes the chrome looks good and they are quiet. I don't want the neighbors to know i just buzzed them!:eusa_dance:

Yea.. Same here. I remember one night when my son and a friend said.. " We like the look of your stock bike better than your custom!" I was floored cuz I paid good money for the custom. 17" wheels , Vgas, kerker etc.

look for stock replacements.

Maybe by the time we are all dead an unmolested '85 might have some value but it likely would need to be as close to unused as you can get. What's the fun in that? You can always get another (year) for modding, we see they are cheap now. Just keep looking.

The dent drives me nuts every time I see it! Im in no hurry and maybe I might find a 85 mint muffler. Iv got a second Vmax for modding already and my plan was to keep this one stock.

Find a new friend..... Shoot this one and take his 03...
clapping.gif
rofl_200.gif
Iv known this guy since grade school, but this is over the top. He deny's damaging it even after I know he tried to move it and dropped it on his Vmax! I woke up after a drinkin night by the sound of the garage door opening. He took off to get another bottle and when I walked into the garage I found my bike laying on his. My head bout blew off.

Oh my... I just gave a set to a buddy Came off my 86', but same as the 85'... (had em both) . I'll try to phone him. If all goes well, they're yours for the shipping... (Oh.)

Wow.. I may have lucked out here OU812.. Please let me know.

Not a problem. This friend likes to molest the bottle as well...:cheers:... :biglaugh: :biglaugh:does some his best work with torches & a welder under the influence... Could be awhile, but I'll keep ya posted.

Put some slip-ons on it and keep the original exhaust. If an original '85 becomes sought after, they will want the original pipes, even with a dent.

And punch your friend in the face.

Back