Turn Signal Fuses

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjmac5

Reaction score
I just added a new set of front turn signals. They worked for a few seconds and then went dead. All 4 turn signals no longer work.

I assume it is a fuse. Well I cannot find a fuse for the turn signals. I found the main fuse but cant find anything else. I hate to come across as a neophyte but can anyone enlighten me. Please be specific, my brain is a little tired at this point.

Regards:bang head:

Double check your install after you confirm the blown fuse. It blew because there's a short in the new signals. It's either in the unit, or much more likely a forehead slapper mistake somewhere in the wiring/splicing.

Double check your install after you confirm the blown fuse. It blew because there's a short in the new signals. It's either in the unit, or much more likely a forehead slapper mistake somewhere in the wiring/splicing.

There was a couple issues that was causing the blown fuses. I went through a handful of fuses before I got it all sorted out. buying cheap turn signals definitely doesn't pay off in the long run.

It's very easy to wire the front the wrong way, because of the running lights. The wires running to these have 12V on them as soon as the ignition is on. So if, instead of using the blinkers wires or the earth wires, you connect the running lights wires by mistake to 2-wire blinkers, it can create a short that'll fry the blinkers relay very quickly after the fuses. Don't ask me how I know that..

Back