Two brake line setup

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightsmith

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had some pictures of the 2 line setup.

I am trying to figure out a good routing.

Also, does the double banjo bolt from the divider thingy fit the master cylinder?

thanks

Greg

Greg, I have seen two setups for doubles. Stock style with the splitter getting a single line from the master cylinder. I have seen stackedto lines at the master with a dedicated line to each caliper. Oh, and some run a single caliper/ rotor and get rid of the double line altogether. Showing off more wheel I guess. Sorry I don't have pics for you. Yes I think the banjo bolts are all same thread and size at the two places. Obviously a longer bolt when stacking lines.

Greg, I have seen two setups for doubles. Stock style with the splitter getting a single line from the master cylinder. I have seen stackedto lines at the master with a dedicated line to each caliper. Oh, and some run a single caliper/ rotor and get rid of the double line altogether. Showing off more wheel I guess. Sorry I don't have pics for you. Yes I think the banjo bolts are all same thread and size at the two places. Obviously a longer bolt when stacking lines.

i have the setup and have pictures but i can't get them off my phone right now, will later, stupid android not working right...

The lines I have are pretty long so I am going to run them both to the M/C

I'll just experiment.

Thanks

Yes, a 2 line system runs both lines direct to the master and elminates the splitter located under the lower headlight bracket. I just routed one correctly this last week that they put a 2 line system on and only replaced the stock 2 lower lines. looked stupid with the lines wrapped into loops.

Sean

That looks good to me.

I hadnt tried to route it myself yet, since I had the forks torn down.

The only explanation for this and my forks taking so long is that I am an ASE(ask someone else) certified brake and suspension 'expert'.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it

Back