ufo 4-2 system clearance issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:punk: 4gasem, thanks for proving my point. I thought it would take a little longer than that for you to respond though. Good Job, Spurs

I have the UFO 4-2 on my '03. Installed by the previous owner. Fitment is good although one muffler is a little close to one of the shocks. Nice looking exhaust, but wholly hell is it ever loud. I'm thinking of installing some baffles or something. If I don't wear earplugs when I ride I end up being a bit deaf for a a while after.

I have the UFO 4-2 on my '03. Installed by the previous owner. Fitment is good although one muffler is a little close to one of the shocks. Nice looking exhaust, but wholly hell is it ever loud. I'm thinking of installing some baffles or something. If I don't wear earplugs when I ride I end up being a bit deaf for a a while after.

I would agree 100% Not a muffler that'll keep the neighbors happy, or really anyone near the bike when ever it's running... lol

Here in my town I'd get cited for them. Too loud.

Chris

jon made it right sent me a new left rear pipe first he sent me one to test fit then i sent it back so he could coat it. like some of you are saying it is load but it has to be the meanest sounding exhaust i have ever heard on the max also jon is going to set me up with a clear clutch cover for all the trouble.

jon made it right sent me a new left rear pipe first he sent me one to test fit then i sent it back so he could coat it. like some of you are saying it is load but it has to be the meanest sounding exhaust i have ever heard on the max also jon is going to set me up with a clear clutch cover for all the trouble.

I have bought turn signals from him and had no issues. I also asked some questions and got a response that day. I like some of his product like him or not he is doing what others are not. I like the quads and the dual exhaust they look great sound mean period.

My only hold up from buying is I may buy a new generation 2 vmax so I am undecided. If I keep my 97 it will have a quad system on it believe that:punk:

Before I joined this forum I needed to replace the stock exhaust on my Max because of a minor blemish on the right-side muffler. So I did a google search for exhaust systems for the Max and found the UFO, Kerker and some slip-on mufflers from another company. I loved how the UFO system looked and bought the 4-2 Slash Cut system off EBAY. Then I joined this forum and read all of the bad threads for the company and especially for Jon Cornell. To say the least I was very hesitant about my purchase and my first reaction was "oh shit..."

But I have to tell you that I installed the system on my Max today and while the directions were far from adequate, in my opinion, once I figured out which pipe connected to which during assembly it went together pretty easily. I love how it looks and sounds. But whomever wrote that it is loud as hell is quite right!

I just have the two right now. It's apart for some serious maintenance and upgrades right now too...
163066_1606298716212_1198487379_31361624_2555582_n.jpg
163066_1606298756213_1198487379_31361625_649976_n.jpg

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you are enjoying your new exhaust, congrats on the purchase. Aftermarket exhaust changes the whole attitude of the bike IMO. Feel free to introduce yourself in the new member thread.

Edit: looks like u already did that. And posted some pics. Nice! Not too many yellow ones out there

welcome to the forum,bike looks clean from what I can see,I hope you enjoy all your up grades! The mod monkey will love you!

Thanks, I've picked up a lot of nice tips since joining this site. I've ordered the LED's to do the color mod to the gauges, found some nice replacement parts other than the pricey OEM ones, ordered the jet kit from Sean Morley and ordered a MaxGasser seat from Rick too. I'm very glad that I stumbled upon this and joined.

Oh, since I found this site the mod monkey has bitten me repeatedly...

Latest posts

Back