UFO Dragstar on the way, need advice!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am located in Central TN and my Altitude is avg 800 FT above sea level with high humidity avgs high 90% We are in a valley here in TN so the humidity gets real high
Is there any other information I can supply you with so you can determine the best jetting size with your kit
Let me know what size jets I need and I will check to see if I have them
I am looking forward to installing your Morley Muscle Jet Kit to increase my track performance and mostly increase my MPG from 28 avg

Give me a week heads up so I can make my runs with my current configs and note all the info you will need such as Temp Bar Pressure Humidity Track Temps Wind dir and speed to compare both jet configs

1985 Stock Engine last compression was at 170 PSI avg each cyl
1999 Heads with 1985 Cams Intakes matched
Kerker 4-2-1 Large open Baffle 2-5 simliar
85 pump gas

As I stated if the Morley Muscle Kit increases any MPH in the eight mile I will purchase the jets and use your phone time for tuning advice for 200.00 if not you pay for the shipping both ways

We normally do drill the slides but it's not necessary. Drilling them allows for quicker throttle response. The stage 1 springs will work or even the stock (or your modifed ones). Same thing as drilling the slides - allows for quicker response.

Your mileage may not get much better with the stage 1 Needles but we can try. You are possibly too rich with it as is.

The jets will probably need to be 157.5 mikuni's maybe 1 size up or down. Note that the DJ jets are not measured the same as Mikuni's. Your DJ 165's are almost identical to the stock 152.5 Mikuni's.

Email me directly and i'll get you some additional info.

Sean
[email protected]

We normally do drill the slides but it's not necessary. Drilling them allows for quicker throttle response. The stage 1 springs will work or even the stock (or your modifed ones). Same thing as drilling the slides - allows for quicker response.

Your mileage may not get much better with the stage 1 Needles but we can try. You are possibly too rich with it as is.

The jets will probably need to be 157.5 mikuni's maybe 1 size up or down. Note that the DJ jets are not measured the same as Mikuni's. Your DJ 165's are almost identical to the stock 152.5 Mikuni's.

Email me directly and i'll get you some additional info.

Sean
[email protected]

Sounds great Sean
I will check to see if I have any Mikuni 157.5 I have stock springs along with the DJ Stage 1 springs. Are you saying that I just need to modify my stock airbox top and put a K&N filter in. Any change in my PAJ'S with your kit?

Mark is correct. Larger main, put the airbox back on with the modified lid and optional to change the slide springs/drill the slides (won't make much difference at the track). You've already done the other mods with the a/f correctors.

Stage 1 and Stage seven springs are the same.

Sean

Great build up on the old thread but it is now been 14 years and no further??? how did this turn out? If it did work out better than his current setup, what was the specific jetting/slide settings??

Back