UFO Dragster Pipes and Stage 7 kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eman3849

Reaction score
I currently have a Kerker 4 into 1 system with a K&N filter. I am looking to go to UFO Dragster pipes with a full Stage 7 kit. Can anyone tell me what kind of power gains I can expect and what the pros and cons would be to go to this setup. I believe the UFO setup would be quite a bit louder. Thoughts???

Attachments

• 5Z35U45Je3Ga3M33Hcc3i12ef2a3794f916ef.jpg
    5Z35U45Je3Ga3M33Hcc3i12ef2a3794f916ef.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 43
Well with the new pipes, it will be louder. It will be so loud your eyes will bleed. As far as horsepower gains you will find that you will need a five point seat belt to hold you on to the bike. All joking aside, most gains in power will be anywhere from 1 to 50 horsepower and your sound level will be louder but the note will be controlled by you muffler. Your biggest gain in power will be from the full stage 7 kit, the pipes only add a few ponies.

That's exactly the setup I was going to do when I took my bike to a dyno to get a baseline #, but it blew a con rod bearing #3 cyl.

I also have a Kerker 4/1 not mounted & I was going to try both systems to see what's best.

Having heard the Dragstar, it is LOUD! You can install a megaphone, Jon tells me, if you want less noise. Sounds like an earplug exhaust. Remember, you can do permanent damage in only 1 exposure to excess dB.

I was expecting to gain a solid 10% to end up in the low-to-mid 120's.

+ 10-25 H.P. , louder .

- Gas mileage , more attention from the popo
if " noise pollution is a local issue .

why do nt you look into seans jet kit i run it with the kerker and comp baffel bike runs very strong

The pipes will be about the same for creating power, the UFO will be louder. The only difference will be the stage 7 carb kit power wise.
Stage 7 is a good kit with the biggest benefits coming at higher RPM's.

Thanks for all the good replies guys. I know I can always count on you for the answers.

By the way, are we talking a significant drop in MPG with the stage 7?

Thanks for all the good replies guys. I know I can always count on you for the answers.

It was significant for me 'cause I couldn't help twisting my right wrist further than prior set ups .

I actually gained mileage when I went with the muscle kit 40+ is a regular thing now. Before it was mid 30's with the occasional hit in the low 40's. There are people out there who have had similar experiences with the Stg. 7 as well. Its all in the tune up.

UFO PIPES are loud but depends what u want , i run ufo's n stage 7 no problems ,if u keep the rev's low like 5th at 2000 rpm in small towns cops don't bother me, stage 7 u do get more mileage , my stock vmax got 150 km per gas tank but with the stage 7 no v-boost i do 185 km , now running with modified v-boost on a stage 7 with the ufo's

I've recently ditched my cobra slip ons for a 4-2-1 ufo system. Loud is probably an understatment, it sets off 70% of the car alarms in my street! Does sound incredible though and turns heads everywhere. Just ordered a morely muscle kit so hopefully the performance should match the noise soon!

It's the dragster system. It fluffs/bungs up from about 4.5k to 6.5k rpm now though. Hope the Morley kit should sort that out. Gonna get the installer to dyno it when it's running right and hope for mid 120s

Pipes give the potential for more power but usually don't add much on their own, not without tuning. A full system on a stock bike will make it run too fat.

A stock bike is around 113-115 rear wheel HP.

A full exhaust and good tuning can get that to around 125.

Back