upside down fork

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uri gal

Reaction score
Hello

I want to change the original fork to something less old J

I saw several manufactures that taking R1 fork and fit it to vmax

But the price! - more than 1300 GBP (?!) and more..

http://www.taylormade-wheels.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=vmax-usd-s

I saw one time a vmax with a GSXR fork but he also had to change the front rim, brake and disks to Suzuki ? and I don?t wanna do that

I want the fork to be upside down like the r1 and I need that it will ft to the original vmax (older, rim, brake?) ?

any ideas ? there is any other option changing the front fork?

A second hand from other option I also option (ebay)

Thanks

Uri

And of course I will have to buy a new yokes… its o.k

So for where to begin? Any suggestions?

What yokes, what forks – and keeping the original rim, brake, calipers…

By the way I saw on ebay that yokes

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330616899221

Why do you want to keep the stock calipers? They are shitty compared to ones you can get from USD sets. What i would recommend would be the YZF750 or FZR mid nineties USD or 98/2003 R1 or similar with the same caliper bolt pattern so you can keep the stock calipers or go for 6 pots from the YZF or the blue, gray or gold spots that are way better than stock. You can always keep the stock ones and then upgrade for better ones if you wish later on. Shims will be needed to center the stock wheel and the fender might need to be adjusted for the stock bigger wheel

Tom @ cycle - 1300$ for all, not bad idea at all - I will check it - thanks
for the calipers, I actually not going to leave the original ones and I already made an order from ebay for FJR2004 calipers.
at the start point I was considered between the YZF750 AND THE fjr and Finally bought the fjr.
i did not have them yet, still waiting for the shipment from u.s.a ( too long)

if they will not arrived I have to make a new order, your Recommendation is for the yzf750 for the best?

</SPAN>

1300$ is better than 1300GBP – no doubt about it

But I can buy a Beautiful yokes for 375 GBP in that site :

http://www.billetbikebits.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=95

And then ordering from ebay R1 forks for let's say 150$ - 300$ max (180GBP)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-03-YAMAHA-YZF-R1-FRONT-FORKS-SUSPENSION-/270936165802?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f150dcdaa

So all will be just 550 GBP – and its less more for the same result right?

I any way need a shipment to my country so it doesn't matter if it will be one shipment or two

And yes, I know that I have to order R1 clipers – o.k no problem

But the question is if the R1 forks "as is" will be good without any modification to vmax ? (after I will buy the yokes of course)

The vmax Is heavier…?!……
index.php

1300$ is better than 1300GBP ? no doubt about it

But I can buy a Beautiful yokes for 375 GBP in that site :

http://www.billetbikebits.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=95

And then ordering from ebay R1 forks for let's say 150$ - 300$ max (180GBP)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-03-YAMAHA-YZF-R1-FRONT-FORKS-SUSPENSION-/270936165802?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f150dcdaa

So all will be just 550 GBP ? and its less more for the same result right?

I any way need a shipment to my country so it doesn't matter if it will be one shipment or two

And yes, I know that I have to order R1 clipers ? o.k no problem

But the question is if the R1 forks "as is" will be good without any modification to vmax ? (after I will buy the yokes of course)

The vmax Is heavier??!??
index.php

you will have to install the correct springs and oil, cause the vmax is much heavier than the r1. also are you keeping the stock front wheel? if so the R1 front fender wont fit an 18 inch wheel so you will need a bracket to make your stock vmax fender fit. also you will need fork tube extensions, 2 inch worked perfect for me.

IS the inverting of the fork for pure aesthetics? or is there some performance factor I'm not aware of? Seems the physics of the ride would be the same.

The larger the diameter of the stanchion (fixed part) the less it will flex which in turns improves the front end handling.
As the tube size increases then the moving part of the suspension is put inside the stanchion as this will be smaller and reduce un-sprung weight.

Im using the stock R1 springs on my max with no worries. The weight is more but the rake (caster angle) or wheel trail is more as well so the vertical/weight component is not as much as in the R1, its more divided on vertical and aft push, thats why when you brake in the vmax the suspension tends to dump more than in a R1

Thanks for you all,
i think i will go for that tom's option like Bill suggest

Check out racetech.com FAQ section for answers to spring and cartridge style fork questions from one of the best aftermarket mfgs. We also get a discount from them . :punk:

Thanks for all,

Today I ordered set of - R1 fork + yokes + R1 calipers ? from Tom - cycle one off

Thank you Bill for all the information an guides!!!

Uri

Thanks for all,

Today I ordered set of - R1 fork + yokes + R1 calipers ? from Tom - cycle one off

Thank you Bill for all the information an guides!!!

Uri

Ari gal I guess the monkey is on your back pretty good right now :clapping:
I'm jealous there so much I want. Why can't my wife understand about the monkey :bang head: actually she isnt to bad I spend a lot of money stupid and she's so cheap :rofl_200:

Welcome to the forum. Put some pictures of it when your done :biglaugh:

You have to be crazy - go to your wife In the evening and say "Hello, how are you today, and.. oh yhe….by the way…. . I just ordered a new front to my bike for 1700$ ?! "

But I did it an I alive J

Just kidding… lucky to me, she love the vmax even more than I love him J , a great partner to life !

Latest posts

Back