V Max Seat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmann

Reaction score
I have found that the stock seat on gen 1 VMax to be inadaquate . What are your suggestions or preferences as a replacement, Thank You.

You can trade me your stock seat plus $100 and get my corbin. Lots of guys hate the corbin, but I really like it. It's so wide and flat. It's super hard, though.

You can get a maxgasser (site sponsor ad at the top) or Morley's seat (also a site sponsor with an ad).

Maxgasser is all new poured foam. Morley is cut/replaced (I think) stock foam.

Both get great reviews.

Attachments

• 2000-Vmax-Stock-vs-Modified-Seat-768.jpg
    2000-Vmax-Stock-vs-Modified-Seat-768.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 46
How tall are you? One thing to consider,most of the aftermarket seats for the vmax will sit lower.If you are taller that might be an issue for you.I am 6'1 and that is why I purchased the CORBIN.It doesn't sit you lower and yes it is firm but that is not a bad thing.I normally will ride 200-250 miles on a Sunday afternoon with no problem with my corbin.I have highway pegs mounted on my oem crash bars and with the Corbin it cradles me in the perfect position to use them.Also it gives ala lot more surface area for you and your passenger.Good luck with your search for a good seat.

I like the Corbin, and the stocker wasn't bad for me, so I guess my butt isn't hard to please. yes, the Corbin offers more surface area and is firm, but I prefer a more-firm seat. I'd like to try the others to see what they are like.

I like the Corbin, I have one on my Ninja and it works great. Does it work the same as stock as far as fueling?

I like the Corbin, I have one on my Ninja and it works great. Does it work the same as stock as far as fueling?
No. There are two versions. The "flap" and the "plug". Plug gives easier access to the gas cap, flap is a pretty tight squeeze for a gloved hand.

Here is a corbin i just sold- they are 1 piece so thet do not work the same as stock.
Click on the top or bottom of the main page and look at the 'maxgasser'- my friend has one and it is amazing.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=39672

I have a maxgasser. The density of the foam is poured to your body weight. It is a great seat.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Back in the late 1980s I met Mike Corbin at Americade. I asked him if he was ever going to make a seat for the Vmax. The next year at Americade, he saw Kathy and I walk by, and asked me if I still had the Max. We brought the bike to his booth, and he put the newly designed seat on the bike. He was interested in our opinion of it, and let us use it for a day or two. We bought the seat after a short ride, and its still on the bike. It was redone about 5 years ago.. I had a friend at the event with an '85 Max. His seat was a mess, so I gave him my old one. By the way, he had a purple bike - the slower color.

Thanks Kyle , Eric. I have a cutdown Corbin option now too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back