valve shims

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumblethump

Reaction score
PartsUnlimited catalog shim starter kit for Honda/Yamaha 25mm.
Is this correct kit for Max?

25 mm is the correct diameter. What sizes are included and how many of each?

2 each
replacements in packs of 5.

Good selection but far from what you need to do a full job (unless you get really lucky). There are no inbetween shim sizes in that kit. My kit is still available out there for use. Not really even sure who currently has it.

Sean

i know some car motors use the exact same shims and buckets, if you know what to get it might be cheaper to buy a kit for a car, always seems that motorcycle stuff is high...

I looked at the price of the kits. Is it really 5 - 6 dollars for the kit? If so where can I order those. Anyone know a good shop that will send USPS?

Thanks
Jim N

I went to the site of partsunlimited and they listed the price of the kit and of pack of 5 replacement shims. Was 5 to 6 dollars. Is that not the corect price?

Jim N

looks like the price is as you noted. Probably a mistake they will eventually catch.

Sean

Good selection but far from what you need to do a full job (unless you get really lucky). There are no inbetween shim sizes in that kit. My kit is still available out there for use. Not really even sure who currently has it.

Sean
Hey Sean, I still have your shim kit. I've done the rear head but still have to do the front one. Due to being out of town for training the last two weeks, I've been a little lax on getting the job done. No worries though, kit is safe and sound. I'll try to get the front head done this Saturday so kit will be available next week.
And by the way, thanks for letting me use the kit.
Paul

Latest posts

Back