'VBoost' tach

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1934CA

Reaction score
After reading the thread about the 185 mph speedo for an '85 it brought back a memory I thought I had about the first years. I could have sworn my buddies '85 or '86 had the words 'VBoost' on the tach around the 6000 rpm mark. Am I remembering correctly or did I have a little too much fun in college and burn off too many brain cells?

My guess is you had a little too much fun in college :punk:I don't recall that on the tach.But atleast you remember all the fun you had don't you?? ha ha !!

Ok, I have a question, was the '85 the only year to use an embossed 'VMax' side cover design? As long as we are spinning stories about the first year bikes. I've already read about the bigger-diameter headpipes. Things like the wheel configuration were not exclusive to the '85's, right, (1985-86)? There may be a sticky devoted to the 1985 differences, I didn't look before I started the composition.

Thank-you, sir, much appreciated, read it all, you answered that and some others I have wondered about. A great resource!

Back