vented gas cap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamster66

Reaction score
does anyone make a vented gas cap for the max?
needs not be locking!
I'm still having issues with vapor lock!:bang head:

Agreed. The vent tube or tip over valve is blocked. If you take off the second hose from the tank (one goes to the pump and one goes to the tip over valve). It will have one very small hole that allows for venting. That's probably clogged. Nothing new but not all that common.

Sean

I disconnected it today before work.... still vapor locking!
I DID take off my rear heat shields (the plastic doo-hickeys above the engine)
do you think the engine is putting too much heat onto the fuel lines?
It started last yr (I THINK right around the time I went to the COP's)

I have had my heat shields off for about a year now, and haven't had any problems....yet....I hope not!:confused2:

Glad you were able to find a solution to the issue.
I removed my exhaust heat shield when I installed my Mark's but that really opened upi the area around the rear exhausts so I didn't bother too much with the heat coming from the engine/ exhaust. Now that i'm running Sean's jet kit and have a SS hose running from my oil fill cap, running cops with insulated sleeves I ran out of room for the heat shield that used to sit on top of the rear cylinders. I was worried about heat migration to the fuel lines and pump so I made up a plastic shield covered in silver heat resistant tape and fastened it with a single ziptie. It covers the entire area from just above where the tip over valve mounts to the cross bar just above the fuel pump and goes in between the frame rails. It still leave the vent tube exposed to the heat but that shouldn't affect the fuel delivery unless the heat melts and seals the vent line. You cannot even see my new heat shield unless you get down on your hands and knees and look for it.

Back