Venture carbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texas-ss-tornado

Reaction score
I've got the carbs off my 85 and have them sent off for a good cleaning, but I've got a lead on a set of 86 Venture carbs cheap. I'm afraid my 85 carbs might need a diaphram or two, are the Venture diaphrams exactly the same? Other than the jet sizes, are the carbs directly interchangeable? I'm thinking about putting them on the bike to see if it will run (I'm an inpatient SOB!!). Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

id give dannymax a call or pm, he's got a lot of time working on those and set ups. also has some for sale i believe, dyno'd real good on his bike also

I've got the carbs off my 85 and have them sent off for a good cleaning, but I've got a lead on a set of 86 Venture carbs cheap. I'm afraid my 85 carbs might need a diaphram or two, are the Venture diaphrams exactly the same? Other than the jet sizes, are the carbs directly interchangeable? I'm thinking about putting them on the bike to see if it will run (I'm an inpatient SOB!!). Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Only difference between v max & venture carbs are the throat size and the jetting....and the choke set-up. Just make sure the venture carbs you are looking at are 35mm and you'll be ok.

Altho I installed v max jetting in 34mm venture carbs and they worked just fine....in fact they're for sale.

I ran a set on my vmax a while and they worked fine. You will have to rig up a way to operate the choke (not hard to do), change the main jets, use Vmax needles & drill the slides (the hole in the venture carb slides is a little smaller than the Vmax carbs). After doing these mods the carbs will be the same providing you get the 35 mm venture carbs.

I believe he's asking if the "diaphrams" from the Venture carbs will fit the Vmax carbs... No? If that IS the question, I used 2 diaphrams off of an 83' Venture on my 86' Vmax with no issues... Great doner rig... Also gaffed a r/r till the new one arrived:thumbs up: should work...

Latest posts

Back