Venture stator Cover from 83 same as Vmax stator Cover?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Just wondering if they are the same and interchangeable. Don't care about the outside cover as I ll cut it off anyways to make a clear cover.

Thanks
Todd

You don't want to cut it off complete. Been there already. It will fit but it's much more "rounded". You'll want to do it to an 86-93 1300 cover if you do any of that. We can loan you those as well but we've already been through a few designs that didn't hold up. There is a lot more stress there then you'd think. The magnetism at high RPM's really puts a pull on the stator.

Sean

Ok I just thought I saw one on ebay and figured I would play with it, but it ended up being a clutch cover after I looked at it LOL.

I ll tackle the water pump and clutch covers first and then move to the other side and go from there.

The stator is the last cover I need. I have everything else ( thanks Sean ).

Todd

The early clutch covers would fit but they are too shallow and won't clear the vmax pressure plate setup. You'd need to do other conversions to make it work. You have the correct covers from me at the moment.

When I saw the stator cover listing ( which turned out to be the clutch cover ) on ebay, I thought for $30 I ll grab it. But when I opened it up and saw it was a clutch cover, it got me wondering if the venture parts where slightly different or if they were identical.

Thanks again Sean!

I am going to be working on the clutch covers probably next week. I have a fund raiser I am doing this weekend and a ride planned next weekend. So I ll try and get something done on those asap.

Thanks
Todd

Back