Vgas carbs & functional scoops.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but who cares if they open..Why not just stay open all the time to get the ram air effect...I rather pay a lesser price and have less crap to go wrong..I am one for performance so the opening and closing scoops dont make me jump up and down..I wonder if being the scoops are so much smaller than an airbox will the ram air effect even make a difference..

I have had the vgas set up on my 05 since 05. No problems to date, I do keep the rain bonnets on to keep out the FOD. I'm very pleased with the carbs and the performance, it does help to have some carb tuning experience if you choose to go this route. Good luck.

Yeah but who cares if they open..Why not just stay open all the time to get the ram air effect...I rather pay a lesser price and have less crap to go wrong..I am one for performance so the opening and closing scoops dont make me jump up and down..I wonder if being the scoops are so much smaller than an airbox will the ram air effect even make a difference..

Jons opening and closeing butterflies is classic muscle effect. Rick Bachmann's system dont even come close to Jons IMO.

Unlike the stock carbs.. The Vgas carbs are in the perfect position for the ram air. And the internal air filter tops the system off.

My concern, after costs, is the level of knee discomfort. I hate to harp on this, though I drove my own UFO bike with the 100mm stacks that came with the MAX, and it was cruel. I smart when I think of it.............

The hour long trip home wasnt that bad. In fact it was the most comfortable Vmax ride Iv taken. Kinda cool looking down into the engine while riding.:biglaugh: But not for long with the scoops.

I have had the vgas set up on my 05 since 05. No problems to date, I do keep the rain bonnets on to keep out the FOD. I'm very pleased with the carbs and the performance, it does help to have some carb tuning experience if you choose to go this route. Good luck.

Does a operation and maintenance manual exist for the Vgas carbs Mike?

Attachments

• motorcyc1.jpg
    motorcyc1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
rebuild kits are about 50 bucks each and you can get them from Keihin or a distributor. follow the dirt bike forums they all use FCR's there is really no tuning to them except getting them all clacking the same and opening the same at teh same time. easiest carb tuning I have ever done.....

I think if i would b running vgas carbs i would no dought go with the ram air scoops that jon has, they would deff. make it more comfy. to ride, and have to increase air flow. plus i think they really look cooool!!!!.

I think if i would b running vgas carbs i would no dought go with the ram air scoops that jon has, they would deff. make it more comfy. to ride, and have to increase air flow. plus i think they really look cooool!!!!.

The Vgas was one of the selling points of the bike. In hind sight.. The stacks dont bother me at all. I ride with my knees on them unlike before. Must be the peg location and my size but its comfortable. The clacking and sound of the kerker is harmony. I lost one of the bonnets on a high speed run but Im not to worried.

Anyone hear if Jons scoops are almost ready? Im Jonesin

Back