vmax in a sportbike chassis

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, simple sheet metal must be welded into frame and thats all.
When You come by to PL hook with me and that swingarm is Yours for free.
Alxe/pivot and drive shaft(longer) included.

The biggest problem I saw, the main reason I throw that idea was serious gas tank modification.
Funny, I will be doing more crazy project this winter LOL

that's one way, probalbly easier, but i try to look on mods from repetition pov. meaning a bolt-on mod can be repeated easily and hopefully sold to an end user, as opposed to a one-off modification with strings attached (frame welding etc). going further, using genuine items as opposed to custom, is easier, cheaper, very available and a great relief if anything goes wrong
obiously it all starts with a one-off ;)

that's one way, probalbly easier, but i try to look on mods from repetition pov. meaning a bolt-on mod can be repeated easily and hopefully sold to an end user, as opposed to a one-off modification with strings attached (frame welding etc). going further, using genuine items as opposed to custom, is easier, cheaper, very available and a great relief if anything goes wrong
obiously it all starts with a one-off ;)

Im finding myself that stand alone fabrication is far away more efficient then sculpture the stocker goodies so, I cant agree :)

But my theory could fail with a fat wallet bikers, as its supoused to be a fun this way.
Im not seeing it my friend.

But hey, evryone has his own.

Last edited:
Here are a few pictures of my spare swing arm.

Could someone measure a stock VMax swing arm and see what the distance is from side to side where wide part of tire would be?

The brackets on the bottom of the arm are for the shock linkage.

Gary

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

DSC00644.jpg

i'll get one for u tomorrow if no one else does at that point..

More aftermarket frame brands: Gia engineering, Spondon, Martek, Izax and Steelheart

Back