Vmax Mike and his new bike....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
image.php

I've ridden those. They wheelie pretty easy. I hope he can handle it :eusa_dance:

Let's see him stay out of trouble with that thing!!!..................:biglaugh:..................Tom.

This is where kris puts toddler when he wines about not having a bike.:rofl_200:

At Lapeer days each year they had a "big Wheel" race. I think I was the only one that entered a "modified" big wheel (for my son to ride). It had rubber tires, a spoked front wheel with high pressure air tire and a high back seat so he could get a better "push". They wouldn't let him enter with it so he used one of the plastic ones and won his heat.

And then there were the "pinewood derby" cars HE built...

At Lapeer days each year they had a "big Wheel" race. I think I was the only one that entered a "modified" big wheel (for my son to ride). It had rubber tires, a spoked front wheel with high pressure air tire and a high back seat so he could get a better "push". They wouldn't let him enter with it so he used one of the plastic ones and won his heat.

And then there were the "pinewood derby" cars HE built...

Did they at-least let him run it as an 'exhibition?'

You're old-enough to recall the Soap Box Derby, did you ever help your kids do something in that? (or did you yourself?) I never built a car for it, but I recall you would get a set of wheels & a pair of axles from the Chevy dealer, and then there would be a local series of races on a hilly part of town, w/the winner being eligible to go to OH for the national championship. It was a big deal in the '50's and '60's, and started in the 1930's. The Boy Scouts promoted competing in it. My oldest brother's friend won the national championship in the 1950's.

Chevy no-longer sponsors it and now you can buy a car kit you assemble in a few hours to compete, no-more days and nights constructing one from scratch. They also have multiple classes, instead of just one.

They let him run in one of their all plastic big wheels. He won his heat, but got bord and didn't want to wait around to race again. We came back later and there were a bunch of kids doing "unofficial" races and he got in on a couple of those until the other kids wouldn't race him any more.

YES! I went to my local chevy dealer and got my wheels and rules. When I ran it, it was a double elimination and I only lost one race so I got to go to the state championship. They gave us new wheels just before the race and I was told we were not allowed to oil the wheels. I only won 2 races in that one as the guys that knew they would switch the wheels (a lot of them) had caked graphite on their axels and "broke them in" propped up on stands and spinning them with drill
motors

We made one for my son as well. we made his as a "lay down". We had made the front end so it contacted the start bar high up and sharply sloped away so we would be "off the bar" as quickly as possible. We ran that car many time on a hill at a school next to I69 His car was disqualified after winning a lot because someone came up with a rule regarding the nose. He was more interested in riding his 4 wheeler after that (Oh yeah- we hopped that up too!)

OH Yeah- I was an eagle scout and we got merit badges for that type of stuff.

Last edited:
So much for riding wheelies on a busa.

Attachments

• 2013-12-01_23-51-54_189.jpg
    2013-12-01_23-51-54_189.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 29
Not my bike but made me think when i saw it.

Latest posts

Back