Vmax owners age?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually just got my first Vmax due to me being in my early stages of my mid life crisis...

40 a couple months ago.

Brian

I'm 24. Was 23 when I got it. I'm also very mature for my age (most people say so anyway). And I'm married with my first child on the way!

42; Always liked the VMax, but never really lusted after one until 15+ years ago when a couple of my older friends each got one. I was stuck with a lowly 1987 GSXR 1100 stripped and geared down enough to make a Max seem sluggish when I rode one. 113 RWHP on a bike you can lift off the ground with one hand does wonders.:)

Then 5 years ago I got a 1999 with under 6K on the clock for a good price. Love it love it love it.. Added flat bars, jet kit, chopped rear fender, chopped Hindle stainless/carbon exhaust, dual streetfighter headlights, stainless brake lines, shift light and to this day getting the front wheel to lift a bit shifting into third gear. GSXR is still in the garage, but I don't ride it much. I must be getting old.

I am 36. Purchased my Vmax when I was 32. Rode one for the first time when I was about 20 Hooked instantly..... On the otherside of the pond in the UK they have a few maxers that are in there 70's.... And best of all most of there bikes are custom..

Scooter

44 now, 34when I got my first one.this is my third.pretty normal, married ,morgage,22 yo son rides an r1

I think we need a poll with ranges or something, hard to get an accurate representation of the ages with people burying them in posts.

58, I've had the 94 for 4 years and 89 for a month. 36 bikes owned over the 44 years I've been riding.

I think we need a poll with ranges or something, hard to get an accurate representation of the ages with people burying them in posts.

Firing range ? I use lime when burying " stuff " . :rofl_200:

Attachments

• DSC01926.jpg
    DSC01926.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 20
Saw the promo video in a Yamaha dealership in late 84? they didn't even have one on the floor yet, I knew right there I would own one! but being newly married it wasn't in the budget, well after a couple of kids-mortgages- my street cars and life in general I finally got around to picking up my Max last August, I will turn 50 in June......................Tom.

I breezed through all but a few pages here. I'm left in amazement by the number of younger Maxers. Around here, it's like the Death Plague to the younger set. The Max is in a category all by itself. Many fear and many ridicule the VMax, I don't know of any who would ride it. I always thought the average age would be 45-50 but looks like it's somewhat lower than that...:confused2:

The concencus among Harley Riders is, they fear the VMax,,,,, For Good Reason Too...

66 as of yesterday. Had bikes for the last 52 years.....went thru & survived the 'chopper phase' of the 60's & 70's, got an '85 max in the early 90's, sold it and took a few years off then got my '99 4 years ago, then the '06 2 years ago.

I have no intention of ever selling either bike and will probably add one or two more to the stable if possible.....I also have no intention of ever
NOT RIDING....the rides may get shorter, but there will still be rides! :punk:

56 Had my 05 Max for about 3 weeks now and lovin it! Been riding about 40 years and the last 25 years I've owned Harleys.Still have one and have told some of my Harley bros I still like them.....They taste like chicken! lmfao:rofl_200:Mike

Got my '97 when I was 48. Wife bought me my '09 for my 60th birthday. I've been riding for 51 years and never got tired of the need for speed. Acquaintances often ask me how fast I've taken the '09, to which I reply: "It's not how fast I go, but how quickly I go fast!"

Make a wish!

Latest posts

Back