VMax/VRod Cruiseability

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbird71

Reaction score
vroda.JPG
No the VRod won't even come close to the Vmax. There IS nothing like the Vboost.

Having owned both, I still like the VRod for Hi Way cruising. It's a hell of a lot heavier, has that long wheelbase, sits nice and low, good bar location for me, comfortable with a sundowner seat and if you cut the front disc and throw a 5 gal tank on it you can keep it in the same lane on a windy day and out of the gas station every 80 miles. People that buy/bought VRODS for speed, etc are kinda missing the point IMO. They're just a different animal that if you know how are a blast to ride. Just dont try to win any races with one.

I'm about ready to take the plunge into Gen2 territory. Like a Gen1 it has to be experienced, and they're starting to get affordable. Gotta get one before I die.

Last edited:
I think the V-rod is a nice machine. I've seen more than 1 thread around here about vrod performance being fairly comparable to a Gen1 vmax. Ride whatever gets you in the wind. Doesn't matter what the badge says as long as you're having fun.

My buddy had a night rod which i tried out. Decent ride from what i remember. I USED to want one. Kinda like my brothers vtx1700 as far as ergonomics, but i havent really spent much time on either. He had some work done at the dealer(exhaust, flashed??) and still couldnt get by my stock Max BEFORE the Marks 4-2 and Sean's jet kit/air box mod. So now i just want to mod my Max more for comfort and handling and if i could add 1 more bike to the stable...it would be a GEN 2 Max,

I tried the Vrod before getting my M109R. They are both considered muscle cruisers and the seating position and power is about the same. But I went with the M109 because it was more comfortable for a bigger guy. I think Harley made a mistake dropping the Vrod lineup, since that was the only Harley that I ever liked. And that was probably due to the engine being outsourced.

I think Harley made a mistake dropping the Vrod lineup, since that was the only Harley that I ever liked.

I have heard quite a few guys say that. Guys that think the big HD baggers are just oversized barges, yet they like the VRod. It's now part of history, every time I look at mine I think of that old KC plant where it was built, now empty.

I've still got a SMALL part of my VMax left, yes it's a land barge, and yes I like it much better than my old Road King. My V-Four Royal Star Tour DeLuxe. It really IS "A Better Machine" as the ad copy says.

rstd13.JPG

Guess I'm a Yamaha/Star guy at heart.

Last edited:
Back