Vmax vs Honda 919

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fenix

Reaction score
I just got a 2005 vmax and my little brother just bought a 2004 Honda 919. He really wants to race once it gets nice enough out, but I was just wondering if any of you have had experience against a 919. I have T-boost installed, and the 919 has no modifications. We are fairly equal riders I believe.

thanks

I just got a 2005 vmax and my little brother just bought a 2004 Honda 919. He really wants to race once it gets nice enough out, but I was just wondering if any of you have had experience against a 919. I have T-boost installed, and the 919 has no modifications. We are fairly equal riders I believe.

thanks

The 919 has the CBR900RR motor in it and runs real low 11s from the spec I've seen. It is lighter than the VMax, so it will be a riders race for sure. The VMax should be able to launch stronger but after that it's a toss up. Let us know of your race results!
And welcome to the VMaxForum!! :welcome_sign:

Yeah, the 919 is definitely pretty quick, but its a tough call. Hard to find numbers on the 919. We'll have to make a pass with each of us on both bikes to see if its rider or not. I'll definitely let you guys know.

I love my Max, but put me on a 919 and the Max is toast. Guess it will depend on the rider and the length of the race.

You've ridden both then obviously. Thats disappointing. Or are you talking about the slightly older CBR 919? Cuz the 919's are a bit detuned from those.

huh, ive never seen it called a 919 interceptor. I've seen 919, CB 919, or Hornet. The interceptor is a separate bike by my understanding, but the numbers definitely seem possible. Looks like im gonna have to outride the little punk!

Ah, a shred of hope. I REALLY hope next week i get to log back in here and tell you all about my victory over the Honda. Thanks for the useful info. He rode the vmax today, I think he might even be a little jealous now... :th_laugh2:

Alright, the deed has been done. He beat me on both bikes! haha. I forgot to mention that I have him in the weight department by about 90 pounds... Either way. It was close both ways, but I think if he didn't have the ECU installed on his Honda the Vmax would have won with either rider. It was alotta fun. Was my first time launching the max hard, first take off I burned out for about 40 feet, that was pretty awesome.

Ending to the story, my bro says when he's done with "sports bikes" he definitely wants a vmax haha.

A buddy of mine just got a 919 yesterday and i had the chance to ride it. The vmax feels like it would stomp the hell out of it, but then u look down and ur flying. It's one of the best handling/riding bikes i've ever ridden by far. However, there's nothing but 1/8th mile around here, and neither of us like doing high speed runs, so i'm thinking he's gonna have some trouble with me on the strip.

Those 919's are INCREDIBLY fun to ride, gotta say that. They feel so light and nimble when you get off of the vmax. My only issue is a vibration at highway speeds that makes my nuts tingle in an unappreciated way...

I had a 2003 919. The bike puts out about 119 HP and is extremely light. It is like riding a moto x with an in line 4.

I sold it mainly because I could not resist flogging the throttle.
I got myself into trouble with the law. You will get arrested on this bike.
It will beg you to have a heavy hand and it will reward you
with neck snapping acceleration. I test drove a ducati 900 monster
and the honda 919 had way more nut through all the rpms.

The 919 doesnt handle good around turns, but it will handle much better than a vmax. The rear end on the 919 will dance out on you so have respect and use wise judgemnt. :rofl_200:

Also the stock oem tires are very soft compound and from what I was told switch to Michelin Pilots and you will get a longer lasting tire with a little less grip. I did not know this before I sold the bike, if I would have known this I would have kept it.

I was spending alot of $$ on rubber, and thought it was always going to be this way.

I was jumping the 919 over the peaks of hilly back roads in NY. It was kind of a problematic thing especially when the kids were waiting for the school bus.
And yes mommy took a dump in her panties when she saw Mr Motard
airborn with drewl hanging off the side of his helmet.
:clapping:
All you need to do to this bike is install a power commander and yoshi pipes
with a K&N filter.

I can honestly say this bike will rip the balls off a vmax and if you wanna trade me fair and square for my Max I will do it but it has to be in mint condition.

Otherwise I love my Max. It took me a long time to accept the bike. It just amazes me how a 600 lb bike can wheelie straight up on end.
Damn I just wish it could hold one more gallon of gas.

:bang head:

The 919 look's comfy enough and I could appreciate it if I was lucky enough to obtain one but I would never trade Max for it. I could have had any bike I wanted but I chose to get the V Max even when it was not the most popular bike or the fastest by far. It's just a different machine for a different sort of rider and I'm fine with that, flaws and all.

It looks like a fun bike and would a nice addition to have in the stable. Along with a Yamaha FJR, Honda VF1100S ,Aprilia RSV4, KTM 950 Super Enduro R.........

Attachments

• 146_0204_1zoom+honda_919+front_right.jpg
    146_0204_1zoom+honda_919+front_right.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 146_0204_3zoom+honda_919+front_right.jpg
    146_0204_3zoom+honda_919+front_right.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 146_0204_6zoom+honda_919+closeup.jpg
    146_0204_6zoom+honda_919+closeup.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 22
  • 146_0204_4zoom+honda_919+front_left.jpg
    146_0204_4zoom+honda_919+front_left.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 17
once i can afford a real second bike my choices would be a honda 919 or triumph speed triple or SV1000n...

i'd have to ride each first...

Back